Best Airport Beers

Reads 5769 • Replies 61 • Started Wednesday, November 12, 2014 11:08:51 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

cgarvieuk
beers 37620 º places 457 º 15:13 Thu 1/15/2015

I had my Tab picked up by some Random American(on my trip to Dark Lord Day) who was drinking "trendy" Canadian beer. I was sitting there drinking half bottles of every US beer i couldd find , We got talking, he wanted to know what i was doing, and pretty much insisted on picking up the tab after i shared them with him. Now that was some GREAT airport Beer

cheap
beers 8841 º places 327 º 15:58 Thu 1/15/2015

Originally posted by drowland
Cigar City in Tampa

Heading there tomorrow.

cheap
beers 8841 º places 327 º 16:00 Thu 1/15/2015

Originally posted by blutt59
Bar Symon in Pittsburgh was a surprise, Fat Heads and Great Lakes, Bells, Victory. Food was pretty good also

Funny how this place is so close yet so far.

furthur
beers 2164 º places 40 º 19:23 Thu 1/15/2015

Originally posted by SHIG
Silver Gulch’s brew pub at Ted Stevens International Airport in Anchorage, just past security is pretty good. They sell other local micros in bottles to go and growlers of their beer. I always get an assistance boarding pass when picking up my wife/kids so I can get a few ticks in before she gets back.

They have a bottle shop too, and I saw Anchorage Darkest Hour last week, among a host of others. I bought a bottle of Silver Gulch porter for, I kid you not, $2.00, and put it in my carry on. Anchorage International, where the beer is cheaper than the coffee.

joeneugs
beers 6372 º places 240 º 20:24 Thu 1/15/2015

On the plane…. cans of Heineken.

joeneugs
beers 6372 º places 240 º 20:30 Thu 1/15/2015

Originally posted by brokensail
Originally posted by joet
SF Bay Area airports are not so good.

Which is quite surprising. I guess maybe OAK isn’t given the perception of the city, but SFO should have some dang beer stuff besides Gordon Biersch.

Down south, even the tiny Long Beach airport has a bar with some decent beer offered. Though the much larger SNA and ONT options do not. I guess LAX has Golden Road stuff now.

Pyramid brewpub is about as good as you’ll do in either OAK or SFO.

I remember having a decent local beer at that Long Beach airport a couple years ago. I think it was a Karl Strauss beer. Not bad for a small airport.

Kita
beers 4657 º places 137 º 10:46 Sat 1/24/2015

Sweetwater at Concourse B at Hartsfield-Jackson Airport in Atlanta was my first encounter with craft beer on US ground and the best so far...

HenriqueBraga
beers 131 º places 27 º 11:10 Sat 1/24/2015

Are there good places for beer at JFK?

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 11:36 Sat 1/24/2015

Originally posted by b3shine
I’m sitting in Burlington, VT waiting for our ride to pick us up and enjoying a can of fresh Heady Toppper, and it got me thinking: what are the best beers you’ve seen available at an airport, and what airport was it?

Nothing like that + you are mean for posting this.

Admins, please smack with ban hammer!

OldGrowth
beers 3472 º places 204 º 07:44 Mon 1/26/2015

Originally posted by theisti
Originally posted by bytemesis
Philly has a pretty good bar with a solid tap list; name escapes me.

Jet Rock?

Local Tavern in teminal F was good