RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > UK & Ireland | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Black Country Bus Crawl - July 6th proposed itinerary

read 5556 times • 231 replies • posted 5/31/2013 3:18:07 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

premium
imdownthepub 9623:398
So I知 aiming to be at The Lych Gate right from opening time, after a hopefully hearty breakfast somewhere in Wolverhampton, and then dash down to The Great Western to meet up. Is there anyone else on a similar agenda? If so I知 the old grey haired, or more truthfully white haired bloke drinking quickly.
The one problem with this whole plan could be my regular Friday night out with the lads the night before, it痴 hard to take it easy.
7/4/2013 1:12:00 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
SarkyNorthener 1414:70
Originally posted by imdownthepub
So I知 aiming to be at The Lych Gate right from opening time, after a hopefully hearty breakfast somewhere in Wolverhampton, and then dash down to The Great Western to meet up. Is there anyone else on a similar agenda? If so I知 the old grey haired, or more truthfully white haired bloke drinking quickly.
The one problem with this whole plan could be my regular Friday night out with the lads the night before, it痴 hard to take it easy.

If you want a good fry up there is a cafe next door to the Posada it is then a short walk to the Lych. If you want healthy, I have no idea...
7/4/2013 1:52:42 AM

premium
Originally posted by SarkyNorthener

If you want a good fry up there is a cafe next door to the Posada it is then a short walk to the Lych. If you want healthy, I have no idea...

Sounds perfect.
7/4/2013 2:50:35 AM

premium
chriso 7344:356
So I知 aiming to be at The Lych Gate right from opening time, after a hopefully hearty breakfast somewhere in Wolverhampton, and then dash down to The Great Western to meet up. Is there anyone else on a similar agenda?

We池e staying in Birmingham tomorrow night and our hotel is very close to Snow Hill so I guess we値l be on a similar trajectory. Although I知 pretty sure our hotel has breakfast included. I guess our timings may depend on how plastered we get on Friday.
7/4/2013 3:30:54 AM

premium
Fin 7023:491
I am getting very jealous of you lot, this is really looking like a cracker of a trip. Still I cannot complain I will be at Hereford Beer & Cider Festival.
7/4/2013 2:59:44 PM

premium
Originally posted by chriso
So I知 aiming to be at The Lych Gate right from opening time, after a hopefully hearty breakfast somewhere in Wolverhampton, and then dash down to The Great Western to meet up. Is there anyone else on a similar agenda?

We池e staying in Birmingham tomorrow night and our hotel is very close to Snow Hill so I guess we値l be on a similar trajectory. Although I知 pretty sure our hotel has breakfast included. I guess our timings may depend on how plastered we get on Friday.

I shall keep an eye out for you and Ruth on Saturday morning then. Will you be visiting The Lych Gate, or perhaps taking a look into the faded delights of The Posada perhaps? Before the wonderful Great Western that is.
7/4/2013 11:52:48 PM

premium
Originally posted by chriso

I shall keep an eye out for you and Ruth on Saturday morning then. Will you be visiting The Lych Gate, or perhaps taking a look into the faded delights of The Posada perhaps? Before the wonderful Great Western that is.

Posada had a refurb a few months ago so its not so faded anymore. But thankfully its been well done and they haven稚 removed any of the great features.
7/4/2013 11:56:14 PM

premium
Originally posted by Fin
I am getting very jealous of you lot, this is really looking like a cracker of a trip. Still I cannot complain I will be at Hereford Beer & Cider Festival.

Noticed this i http://www.westmidlandsciderandperryfestival.co.uk/ in the Birmingham CAMRA magazine. I doubt it will be on the same level as the Hereford one.

If you can make it let me know and I will meet you there for a few.
7/5/2013 12:05:10 AM

kaufmanised 9:11
Hey guys,

Not looking good for me coming tomorrow, on Monday I had to finish work early cause I running a temp of 38.8 :( and on Tuesday and Wednesday against advice I still travelled to London on business to which I woke up on Wednesday my throat was nearly swollen closed. After some meds my temp is gone but my throat is still pretty rough and in pain. Generally my energy is zapped so having to take today off to try and recoup for tomorrow

I値l let you guys know in the morning, hoping today will do the trick :) if not I値l get rich to pay my contribution for the bus and I値l sort him out.

Cheers

Kirk
7/5/2013 12:15:15 AM

premium
harrisoni 12660:20
Hope you can make it Kirk. It値l be a great day and one not to be missed. When we did something similar last time in Oxford, Reakt was battling a heavy cold and ended up drinking lemsip and Hoegaarden.
7/5/2013 1:21:24 AM

Home > Forums > UK & Ireland

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search
Add A Beer
Add A Brewer