Black Country Bus Crawl - July 6th proposed itinerary

Reads 9065 • Replies 231 • Started Friday, May 31, 2013 3:18:07 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 02:16 Tue 6/18/2013

Originally posted by hopbomber
. The Black Country is great and the people are friendly and open: miles apart from London where the opposite is true.

<*))))))><

Apologies to thread hijack but...
I lived in in brixton for a year then hackney for 4 years and the people were wonderful. I’m from stockport and the people in the smoke were warm friendly and open. Very stereotypical british view of London sir.

Of course ALL Londoners are rude and unfriendly.

I know this for a fact, because once, I went into a shop on the Old Kent Road and the shopkeeper never said thank you for my custom.

BlackHaddock
beers 15453 º places 1053 º 03:40 Tue 6/18/2013

Originally posted by SarkyNorthener
Originally posted by hopbomber
. The Black Country is great and the people are friendly and open: miles apart from London where the opposite is true.

<*))))))><

Apologies to thread hijack but...
I lived in in brixton for a year then hackney for 4 years and the people were wonderful. I’m from stockport and the people in the smoke were warm friendly and open. Very stereotypical british view of London sir.

You were lucky!

<*))))))><

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40501 º places 1239 º 03:45 Tue 6/18/2013

I don’t find people any more or less friendly in the smoke tbh.

One thing you need to consider is how often does an out of towner turn up in a pub?

In London - all the time, constant tourists, visitors etc. There’s little novelty in seeing a stranger in some locals, you can’t start up a conversation with every stranger who enters through the door.

Outside of London I’d say this is less prevalent and there’s more novelty in someone new showing their face hence the perceived higher level of friendliness.

If you see a bloke with multiple piercings wearing a leather skirt and a gas mask walking around London - you don’t really pass comment.

If that happened in Dudley it would make front page of the Dudley Bugle!

BlackHaddock
beers 15453 º places 1053 º 09:30 Tue 6/18/2013

I have always found if you yourself are a friendly person, people you meet are often friendly too.

I hadn’t realised we’d met Colin: but it was me in the gas mask and leather kilt the other day!

<*))))))><

You just know someone is going to turn up dressed like that now: just to get into the Dudley Bugle!

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40501 º places 1239 º 09:35 Tue 6/18/2013

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
I have always found if you yourself are a friendly person, people you meet are often friendly too.

I hadn’t realised we’d met Colin: but it was me in the gas mask and leather kilt the other day!

<*))))))><

You just know someone is going to turn up dressed like that now: just to get into the Dudley Bugle!

but which one of the kilted gas mask guys were you?

BlackHaddock
beers 15453 º places 1053 º 09:52 Tue 6/18/2013

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois

<*))))))><

but which one of the kilted gas mask guys were you?

The shortest one: my knees are cute too, you mentioned it!

<*))))))><

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 10:25 Tue 6/18/2013

I promise not to wear a brown paper bag on my head......

BlackHaddock
beers 15453 º places 1053 º 01:21 Wed 6/19/2013

Originally posted by harrisoni

I still can’t decide on my ensemble: I don’t want to clash with the trendy Southerners by wearing dowdy Midlands attire: but I’ve lived in the Shires for so long my tweeds are a bit dated and my overalls are too filthy to drink in, even in the pubs we are going too.

I was bringing my own paper bag just to fit in: I’ll have to have a major re-think now. A Panama Hat with a cream suit was another option: but someone might spill something on it, so I’ve shelved that idea.

Looks like the leather kilt and gas mask again then!

<*))))))><

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 07:59 Wed 6/19/2013

This is a bad day. Something has cropped up and I can’t make the Black Country Beer Bash. Been looking forward to it for Months. Gutted.

Colin and Fergus thanks for the offers of the beers, but if we cross paths sometime later in the year for some other event and you still have the bottles going maybe we could arrange it then.

Shame I won’t be meeting you all. But I am sure you will have a great time in my adopted Black Country. And I am sure I will hear all about it on the Local Central News, just before sports round up.

Damn I need a drink.

imdownthepub
beers 26047 º places 2098 º 00:08 Fri 6/21/2013

Originally posted by harrisoni

I still can’t decide on my ensemble: I don’t want to clash with the trendy Southerners by wearing dowdy Midlands attire: but I’ve lived in the Shires for so long my tweeds are a bit dated and my overalls are too filthy to drink in, even in the pubs we are going too.

I was bringing my own paper bag just to fit in: I’ll have to have a major re-think now. A Panama Hat with a cream suit was another option: but someone might spill something on it, so I’ve shelved that idea.

Looks like the leather kilt and gas mask again then!

<*))))))><

Surely it should be flat cap and string round the trousers whilst walking a whippet. ;-))