RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Homebrew | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Bottling 100% brett beers

read 1640 times • 15 replies • posted 9/10/2012 7:55:36 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

premium
VsXsV 1883:38
I got a can of Brett last week thatís supposed to be cultivated from nine different strains from 3 Fontienen, Boon and Cantillon (three from each). I just have to figure out what to do with it... Smelled wonderful (funky) when I opened the lid to relieve the pressure.
9/10/2012 9:07:06 AM

Private message send the author a private message

CLevar 376:9
Originally posted by HornyDevil
FWIW, I brewed a Brett Drie/Trois beer about a week ago and it still has a healthy krausen atop it. It is interesting to watch it progress through fermentation.

Just brewed one of those last night...will be kegged though, so I am not worried about the same issue on that one!
9/10/2012 9:11:44 AM

premium
SamGamgee 2452:182
FWIW, I brewed a Brett Drie/Trois beer about a week ago and it still has a healthy krausen atop it. It is interesting to watch it progress through fermentation.

Is that the BSI Drie? Weíve been testing it and saw very fast fermentations down to under 2P in several days.
9/10/2012 9:13:31 AM

HornyDevil
Originally posted by VsXsV
I got a can of Brett last week thatís supposed to be cultivated from nine different strains from 3 Fontienen, Boon and Cantillon (three from each). I just have to figure out what to do with it... Smelled wonderful (funky) when I opened the lid to relieve the pressure.

Mixed Brett fermentations are pretty damn cool.

Did one with Brett B & C a while back. LOTS of tropical fruit in the nose and taste with a bit of funk to round things out. Attenuated more than a straight Brett C beer would have, so that was nice as well.

Just went with a simple grainbill of pils and oats, single infusion at the higher end of the spectrum, and a moderate bittering addition. Something like that would really let you know what youíre workiní wit.
9/10/2012 9:14:34 AM

HornyDevil
Originally posted by SamGamgee

Is that the BSI Drie? Weíve been testing it and saw very fast fermentations down to under 2P in several days.

Actually itís not a dedicated Brett Drie beer. It is a culture from the dreggs of Crooked Staveís Wild Wild Brett Yellow which, from what Iíve read, has 5 strains of Brett. The two major ones being Brett Drie.
9/10/2012 9:17:30 AM

Home > Forums > Homebrew

Page 1 | 2

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add