RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Bourbon County Stout: "soon available all the time"

read 1458 times • 19 replies • posted 7/17/2012 3:06:47 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

seymour 1456:45
Maybe itís old news but I read it for the first time in this July 5 newspaper blog: http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/dining/bars-and-clubs-other/hip-hops/will-a-b-inbev-make-corona-a-better-beer/article_1e88df94-c465-11e1-ae0a-001a4bcf6878.html

What does everyone think? Will increased supply change the demand and "rarity" mystique? If Bourbon County Stout starts showing up on shelves everywhere year-round, and if nothing about the recipe changes, will the ratings nonetheless decline?
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
TheAlum 5833:10
It gained itís lofty rating when it was sitting on shelves available practically all year anyways..

7/17/2012 3:07:37 PM

Private message send the author a private message

fletche00
I remember when they said Dark Lord would be more plentiful, but I still only got 4 bottles. Now, I am not complaining, but they also sold Baller Stout at the anniversary party at $50 and said nobody would see it again, sure enough it resurfaced at DLD for $35 a pop.....go figure.

This is a rarity, and considering they have had Wheat Whiskey BC on the Goose Island page since December, and nobody knows any more info on it, makes me think it wont be year-round. My 2 cents
7/17/2012 4:40:06 PM

premium
drfabulous 4051:76
It was only maybe three years or so ago that I could get Bourbon County Stout just about anytime off the shelf. If it comes back as a regular offering, great.
7/17/2012 4:43:20 PM

premium
b3shine 5574:267
Originally posted by TheAlum
It gained itís lofty rating when it was sitting on shelves available practically all year anyways..

This. And Iíd be (fat and) happy to have it year-round!

7/17/2012 4:46:57 PM

premium
JMerritt 1813:72
There are lots of highly rated beers that are available year round. Rarity and high score may be correlated, but one doesnít cause the other.
7/17/2012 4:48:37 PM

seymour 1456:45
Originally posted by fletche00
I remember when they said Dark Lord would be more plentiful, but I still only got 4 bottles...

Yeah, I see your point. Who knows if theyíll follow-through? But one major difference is that Dark Lord isnít 100% owned and distributed by Anheuser-Busch/InBev. If they really wanted to, they could probably put Bourbon County in every grocery store end cap, gas station cooler, strip mall liquor store, restaurant draft lineup, etc, they felt like. Thatís silly of course, and would almost certainly tarnish its reputation.
7/17/2012 4:52:34 PM

LostHops287 18:
In my own words it will have the same Rarity as Parabola amazing beer but trade value zilch!
7/17/2012 4:56:53 PM

portableparty 1921:19
Just the choice of buying a 4 pack today or next week would be lovely! And not am I going to luck out and get one!
7/17/2012 5:58:07 PM

fletche00
Originally posted by seymour
Originally posted by fletche00
I remember when they said Dark Lord would be more plentiful, but I still only got 4 bottles...

Yeah, I see your point. Who knows if theyíll follow-through? But one major difference is that Dark Lord isnít 100% owned and distributed by Anheuser-Busch/InBev. If they really wanted to, they could probably put Bourbon County in every grocery store end cap, gas station cooler, strip mall liquor store, restaurant draft lineup, etc, they felt like. Thatís silly of course, and would almost certainly tarnish its reputation.

Who gets Goose Island stuff is strictly based on numbers of product purchased. If store A purchases Goose Island every week, while Store B Purchases it every 2 months, Store A gets dibs on BCS, and goose island determines that, not the distributor. Its why you only saw BC Coffee, Brambles, and King Henrys on premise as oppose to Liquor stores. Bars were going through more volume of goose island (Kegs) then say stores (6 pks/12 pks), so those bars got favored for all special products. Hopefully this year around business will make it so everybody gets as much as they want, and politics doesnt play a hand in it.
7/18/2012 5:16:47 AM

premium
drfabulous 4051:76
so those bars got favored for all special products. Hopefully this year around business will make it so everybody gets as much as they want, and politics doesnt play a hand in it.

That was true here with King Henry. No retail distribution. All to bars and restaurants. That means mark up in price, of course, but it also means some people who donít do the bar scene have no chance of trying the beer.
7/18/2012 5:19:46 AM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers