RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > Germany | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Brauerei Rittmayer Hallerndorf and Fritz Gutmann distribution

read 2044 times • 43 replies • posted 9/17/2012 9:30:20 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

premium
pivnizub 9005:469
Both should be categorized IMHO as "Helles"....
By the way: Eichstätt w a s in (Mittel-)Franken until the year 1972; in this year the town became a part of Oberbayern by amalgamation of local government!
9/27/2012 10:19:03 AM

Private message send the author a private message

Erlangernick 1:2
Kind of like how certain bits of Oberfranken west of Hallerndorf then became part of Mittelfranken. That’s almost as bad!
9/28/2012 5:18:20 AM

TAR 2518:30
Does Landbierparadies do mail-orders to the USA? Or are there even any Franken mail-deliverers out there?
10/3/2012 10:34:40 PM

Will someone talk me into coming to Franken for Brau Beviale in November? :-) This sounds like a lot of fun and an opportunity to hang out in Nurnberg for a few days before spending the rest of my time in and around Bamberg. I would be willing to split a room with someone in Nurnberg.

Nick, it looks like you are attending this year? I’m trying to find a five- to seven-day window or so to spend near Bamberg after the fest, and would love the company of some locals while near Bamberg, that is if anyone would be available to show me around and enjoy the scenery with me via bicycle while scouring the region for low-gravity nectars like Witzgall Landbier, Roppelt Kellerbier, etc. Takers?
10/21/2012 11:14:44 PM

Originally posted by TAR
Will someone talk me into coming to Franken for Brau Beviale in November? :-) This sounds like a lot of fun and an opportunity to hang out in Nurnberg for a few days before spending the rest of my time in and around Bamberg. I would be willing to split a room with someone in Nurnberg.

Nick, it looks like you are attending this year? I’m trying to find a five- to seven-day window or so to spend near Bamberg after the fest, and would love the company of some locals while near Bamberg, that is if anyone would be available to show me around and enjoy the scenery with me via bicycle while scouring the region for low-gravity nectars like Witzgall Landbier, Roppelt Kellerbier, etc. Takers?

Indeed I certainly will be there, every day. Tuesday’s the best single day, as that’s the one when they have the free tasting of the EuroBeerStar winners at the entrance to let you vote on the people’s favourite.

AFA biking around the countryside goes...mid-November can be pretty cold and wet. I don’t bike around in those conditions, but then someone from CO might be a bit tougher than me. Regardless, there’s lots to get to by bus, train, and foot if *not* by bike.

Roppelt’s Kellerbier is only really available at the Bierkeller, which is now closed. The version on tap at the brewery is AFAIK filtered and CO2-pumped, and just not the same. As of 22 Nov, though, the Brauhaus am Kreuzberg will be open again (closed for a month’s vacation now) with some interesting beers in a fantastic setting.

But there’s *lots* to do round here. And by "do", I do mean "drink".

5% is "low gravity"???
10/22/2012 12:27:15 AM

Thanks for your reply and helpful details, Nick. First of all, it looks like we (3fourths and I) will be arriving on the 9th and departing on the 20th. So, plenty to cram in during our visit. Details forthcoming, as our itinerary is yet to be determined.

Re: low gravity. Heh, I hear ya! Much to my chagrin, in the USA, sub-6% constitutes low gravity, as I know you are well aware. But, for me, the lower the alcohol, the better.

Was REALLY hoping to get to the Brauhaus am Kreuzberg, but 3fourths and I will be leaving on the 18th. Bummer.

Cycling in November doesn’t bother me at all. While it is not exactly ideal, with proper attire we’ll be all good. Plus, we will be generating plenty of heat on the bicycle, and any additional warmth that might be needed will surely be accessible via the exhilaration we are feeling by being in the midst of the beautifully rustic Franconian countryside setting.
10/27/2012 10:10:42 PM

Originally posted by TAR
Thanks for your reply and helpful details, Nick. First of all, it looks like we (3fourths and I) will be arriving on the 9th and departing on the 20th. So, plenty to cram in during our visit. Details forthcoming, as our itinerary is yet to be determined.

Re: low gravity. Heh, I hear ya! Much to my chagrin, in the USA, sub-6% constitutes low gravity, as I know you are well aware. But, for me, the lower the alcohol, the better.

Was REALLY hoping to get to the Brauhaus am Kreuzberg, but 3fourths and I will be leaving on the 18th. Bummer.

Cycling in November doesn’t bother me at all. While it is not exactly ideal, with proper attire we’ll be all good. Plus, we will be generating plenty of heat on the bicycle, and any additional warmth that might be needed will surely be accessible via the exhilaration we are feeling by being in the midst of the beautifully rustic Franconian countryside setting.

Sehr gut. The cold isn’t my problem with biking, but the rain. If it’s wet, count me out...fair weather cyclist. I find that the cold wears me down though, 90 minutes is as if it were a 3 hour ride in 70F, for example.

You might also want to check out franconiabeerguide.com’s discussion board; lots of people with knowledge there.
10/28/2012 4:40:08 AM

Yeah, I have lurked there for years, terrific resource indeed. Guess it’s time for me to pony up and grab a stool.
10/29/2012 12:07:14 PM

What are some must-visit breweries in the Nurnberg region, if any? I have not explored the area as I usually stock up on bottles and high-tail it to Bamberg. The timing of Beviale might not align with our itinerary, but we are contemplating spending a night or two there and possibly exploring some regional breweries if you guys think it would be worthwhile.

Any fun places in the neighboring forest country?
10/31/2012 10:29:58 PM

TreinJan 4:178
In Nürnberg: Altstadthof is OK, their shop has some nice products made with beer (mustard, beerbrandies), and you might enjoy a trip to the cellars beneath that part of town, tour starts at the shop.
Schanzenbräu (in N-Gostenhof) is highly recommended.
Do not waste time/money on Barfüsser.
11/1/2012 2:59:15 AM

Home > Forums > Germany

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback