Brew Dog expensive and noisy ...

Reads 11893 • Replies 158 • Started Saturday, January 17, 2015 4:08:17 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40412 º places 1239 º 04:08 Sat 1/17/2015

Comes up in reviews more often than not.

Yeah - old school £3 a pint for some twiggy nonsense and the atmosphere of Uranus does it for some folks so feel free to slate BD as you wish, this is a democracy @ Theydonhebdo

however ....

I cant understand why someone would give a BD bar a shiddy 8/15 for selection then give their local tied house 15/15.

Give BD a low overall score if it aint your thing but Dont Fuck me over on selection... Please !!!

imdownthepub
beers 26028 º places 2088 º 04:13 Sat 1/17/2015

Not keen on them myself but saying that I’m not keen on my local tied house either.
Good job we don’t like all the same things.
£3 a pint! Bit excessive.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40412 º places 1239 º 04:18 Sat 1/17/2015

Originally posted by imdownthepub
Not keen on them myself but saying that I’m not keen on my local tied house either.
Good job we don’t like all the same things.
£3 a pint! Bit excessive.

Im mid school glen, BD bars arent the sort of places that i want to stay for long.

Just a few too many BD haters slapping in low reviews but you shouldnt knock them down on selection just cos you Dont like them although i guess this could stem from a no cask POV?

Leighton
beers 33700 º places 1204 º 04:24 Sat 1/17/2015

I don’t like most bars when they’re busy and noisy. I rarely go out to bars/pubs on the ’busy nights’ anymore. I don’t think BD is exceptional in that it gets busy and noisy on nights when you would expect that.

But to knock BD on selection just shows a lack of understanding for what the word ’selection’ means.

Perhaps people giving low selection scores don’t like the selection of punters at BD bars?

evergreen0199
beers 5928 º 04:31 Sat 1/17/2015

I have a strange relationship with Brewdog, I don’t really like them as a company but for me the keg selection in their bars is the best in London. My trips to Brewdog bars are a treat to myself, they are very expensive but I go maybe every few weeks and ALWAYS enjoy my visits, Shepherds Bush being the best and I always end up chatting to the staff for ages.

deeblo
places 74 º 04:32 Sat 1/17/2015

No cask bitters or golden ales -> automatic -5 for selection.

Never mind the numerous guest taps, pub exclusive one-offs, and highly rated imports not found elsewhere in the UK.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40412 º places 1239 º 04:34 Sat 1/17/2015

Originally posted by deeblo
No cask bitters or golden ales -> automatic -5 for selection.

Never mind the numerous guest taps, pub exclusive one-offs, and highly rated imports not found elsewhere in the UK.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40412 º places 1239 º 04:35 Sat 1/17/2015

Originally posted by evergreen0199
I have a strange relationship with Brewdog, I don’t really like them as a company but for me the keg selection in their bars is the best in London. My trips to Brewdog bars are a treat to myself, they are very expensive but I go maybe every few weeks and ALWAYS enjoy my visits, Shepherds Bush being the best and I always end up chatting to the staff for ages.

and you can get thirds which is a big plus for me on the high abv stuff!!!

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 04:40 Sat 1/17/2015

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Originally posted by evergreen0199

and you can get thirds which is a big plus for me on the high abv stuff!!!

this is a key plus point and always adds a couple to overall score for me

Desverger
beers 29254 º places 383 º 04:49 Sat 1/17/2015

Can only speak from experience having visited the Clapham Brewdog, but found selection was brilliant, service was great, no complaints here (Would love to have a Brewdog in Copenhagen) Will defiantly be going again on next visit back (this reminds me I need to get my place review backlog done!)

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 04:58 Sat 1/17/2015

I think some people go into a brewdog bar with their preconcieved review already written in their head. They just look to confirm the negatives.

Now I have only been to brewdog sheffield once and brewdog brum once. I wouldnt want to spend more than an hour in here. But I enjoy the hour.

When I get up the next morning and look into my empty wallet. I usually think more about the negatives. But I cant give something a bad review, just because I personally can’t afford to drink in there on a regular basis. It is a treat for me and I probably appreciate it more than those who go every week.

It is what it is!