Brewdog Brussels Place discussion

Reads 2993 • Replies 31 • Started Friday, October 9, 2015 8:56:43 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

bierplezier
beers 16 º places 2 º 20:36 Sat 10/24/2015

I’m reading this forum, and ik keep thinking to myself, how can the kegs be empty?! Brewdog, brussels, ring ring! It could be busy? Maybe get some major amount of kegs? I was there on the saturday you opened, 3 o clock pm. There were 20 ppl. A beer i wanted was out on the keg? Seriously, lol, how?????!!! I’m sure its better and getting good now, but that was pretty bad tbh. Good luck. I dont live there but sure will visit again next time.

sebletitje
beers 11868 º places 491 º 14:48 Sun 10/25/2015

Originally posted by brothstein
Not sure whether I should even respond, sebletitje, when you are so negative. But what the hell.

Strange behavior for an owner.
What do you want me to say? Applaud you when 4-5 of the Brewdog beers are out? applaud and congratulate you when I order food, to later be told that the cook just left while I have the sauce and fork at my table? cheer when the staff seemed clueless about the situation or not even know that food would not be served? I said I would give the place another try - actually went 3 times - and I updated my review with what happened during the last visit.

One thing is for sure, you don’t enjoy the reviews that have been written, as you told me via private email, and I find it very bad on your part to insist over and over for people to somehow give the place 90+ when their experience was not up to that level.

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 18:01 Sun 10/25/2015

Very fair seb, you didn’t have to revisit given the standard of other Brussels bars.sounds like brewdog bar seriously lagging vs some of its UK counterparts...a shame given location&potential...still plan to visit to assess myself however

digita7693
beers 1 º places 7 º 14:00 Mon 10/26/2015

Originally posted by Beersiveknown
Very fair seb, you didn’t have to revisit given the standard of other Brussels bars.sounds like brewdog bar seriously lagging vs some of its UK counterparts...a shame given location&potential...still plan to visit to assess myself however

From my limited experience, one visit in Brussels, and several visits to Brewdog in Edinburgh I can definitely say it is lagging behind.

beuk87
beers 3 º places 5 º 03:46 Tue 10/27/2015

Originally posted by digita7693
Originally posted by Beersiveknown

From my limited experience, one visit in Brussels, and several visits to Brewdog in Edinburgh I can definitely say it is lagging behind.

Same here. Been to Brewdog in London and Bristol and had an absolutely wonderful time.

sebletitje
beers 11868 º places 491 º 05:09 Thu 10/29/2015

Not to add fuel or anything, one review mentioned this, and I noticed it too last wknd. They now serve 1/3 pint of selected beers. However, the price has remained the same as when it was full glass.

beuk87
beers 3 º places 5 º 10:33 Thu 10/29/2015

Originally posted by sebletitje
Not to add fuel or anything, one review mentioned this, and I noticed it too last wknd. They now serve 1/3 pint of selected beers. However, the price has remained the same as when it was full glass.

Seb, the price for Jack Hammer at the opening was something like €5.20 for a full glass but now it’s €3.20 for 1/3.

ElManana
beers 2078 º places 3 º 11:12 Thu 10/29/2015

Originally posted by beuk87
Originally posted by sebletitje

Seb, the price for Jack Hammer at the opening was something like €5.20 for a full glass but now it’s €3.20 for 1/3.

I can confirm this.

bierplezier
beers 16 º places 2 º 08:02 Fri 10/30/2015

uk or us pints? :) makes a difference :P guess they use the UK pints

sebletitje
beers 11868 º places 491 º 08:08 Fri 10/30/2015

Ok, just remember seeing one that was 7€ something.