Brewdog in Brussels?

Reads 2788 • Replies 16 • Started Wednesday, March 13, 2013 1:57:38 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

sebletitje
beers 11868 º places 491 º 13:57 Wed 3/13/2013

Looks like plans are set for a September opening in Brussels ...

Brewdog expansion

If this is anything like a busy Delirium, I won’t envy the working conditions. Bars run with partner companies ... possibly partner breweries, a few names come to mind in Belgium.

Thoughts, comments?

77ships
beers 14200 º places 917 º 14:07 Wed 3/13/2013

If this will be like the Camden location I am down, some neat one-off’s both Brewdog & others on tap plus options to get new imports mainly Kernel and Kiuchi will be nice granted manageable prices.

If this will be just something like Punk IPA on draft & bunch of boring and very safe Belgian choices, I will stay away. This could go either way… doubt we will be getting Kernel though.

BoBoChamp
beers 5752 º places 5 º 14:12 Wed 3/13/2013

Good news is I am working on it to get The Kernel on Belgian soil; I hope just a few weeks more before enough beer can be collected.

Countbeer
beers 6586 º places 259 º 14:33 Wed 3/13/2013

The Kernel reached Eindhoven, so there’s hope!

DeclanT
beers 59 º places 20 º 14:53 Wed 3/13/2013

Location, location, location.. Brussels is such a funny town, it can so easy to be close but not quite right regarding location. moeder Lambic are an exception as visitors to Brussrls seek out the best Belgian beer bar.. A Brewdog bar will need to be in the right lication to get the footfall required to make it work. i hope they’ve researched it properly. Marks and Spencers got it wrong before on the retail front. Really looking forward to this.. i’ll be in and last out!

sebletitje
beers 11868 º places 491 º 00:23 Thu 3/14/2013

My guess was that they could takeover the ’Brasseurs de la Grand Place’ location since they looked at renting it out.

tderoeck
beers 14777 º places 247 º 01:13 Thu 3/14/2013

I don’t know, will visitors of the grand place, mainly being tourists, be willing to go to a Scottish brewpub instead of a Belgian one? I doubt it. And if you have a pub in that location, you HAVE to rip off tourists, in order to pay the bills. So it’s not really a win situation for anyone. As long as they’re in walking distance from one of the three main trainstations, I think it’d work.

The Camden one is way out of the London center, and still gets a pretty lively crowd.

IgorWilson
beers 10 º places 6 º 05:17 Sat 3/16/2013

Brussels!!!
Brussels!!!
Brussels!!!

Bart
beers 2934 º places 108 º 08:22 Sat 3/16/2013

Originally posted by tderoeck

I don’t know, will visitors of the grand place, mainly being tourists, be willing to go to a Scottish brewpub instead of a Belgian one? I doubt it. And if you have a pub in that location, you HAVE to rip off tourists, in order to pay the bills. So it’s not really a win situation for anyone. As long as they’re in walking distance from one of the three main trainstations, I think it’d work.

The Camden one is way out of the London center, and still gets a pretty lively crowd.

I don’t think they will care if it is Scottish or Belgian, like they will understand the difference. They go to these cheap kebab places or McDo all the same.... Would make a difference for us, but not for the regular tourist.

And would be nice to have them in the ’Brasseurs de la Grand Place’ worse than what’s in it now is not possible.

sebletitje
beers 11868 º places 491 º 12:17 Tue 9/10/2013

Dennoman
beers 21 º places 1 º 12:25 Tue 9/10/2013

How is the Camden one "way out" of the London centre? I guess it depends as what you define as the centre of London then. I’d say Camden Town is pretty much smack bang in it. Shoreditch is a different story.