Brewer to brewer, Kolsch is indistinguishable

Reads 9608 • Replies 126 • Started Sunday, May 5, 2013 7:14:25 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

SHIG
admin
beers 13034 º places 502 º 16:17 Sun 5/5/2013

Out of 16 I have had the top one is American and only 3 were scored above 3.0. They are similar to the rest of German beer, ordinary.

FrumptyDumpty
16:35 Sun 5/5/2013

Originally posted by SHIG
Out of 16 I have had the top one is American and only 3 were scored above 3.0. They are similar to the rest of German beer, ordinary.

Says someone who must have zero understanding of german beer what so ever.

RABinCO
beers 1511 º places 103 º 16:51 Sun 5/5/2013

Originally posted by FrumptyDumpty

Please only add substantive and/or positive replies.

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 17:19 Sun 5/5/2013

Thats not the attitude, is it?

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 17:20 Sun 5/5/2013

Originally posted by pinkie
Whoops. I meant JK should treat us to pics of all the pubs in germany. =)

I went to about 20 breweries. I will see what I can do for photos.

FrumptyDumpty
17:25 Sun 5/5/2013

If someone wants to say "all german beer is ordinary" then they just don’t know german beer. I don’t think there is anything wrong in me saying so.

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 17:31 Sun 5/5/2013

If someone wants to say "all german beer is ordinary" then they just don’t know german beer. I don’t think there is anything wrong in me saying so.

You might have provided some substance, like explaining how I have it all wrong about Kolsch, or how German beer is not actually ordinary at all.

But rather than talk about beer, you just make a personal attack. That is what is wrong with it.

Cheers.

SHIG
admin
beers 13034 º places 502 º 17:51 Sun 5/5/2013

I actually think I have a great understanding of German beers, they like to stick to their tradition which I am fine with. However even the freshest of pils, weizen, alts, Kolsch, weisse, schwarzbier, or bock that I drank while living there for almost 8 yrs made me excited about their styles of beers. I will have to give them some credit for rauchbier not being ordinary, but I found it only enjoyable in small doses.

SHIG
admin
beers 13034 º places 502 º 18:01 Sun 5/5/2013

Originally posted by JK

You might have provided some substance, like explaining how I have it all wrong about Kolsch, or how German beer is not actually ordinary at all.

But rather than talk about beer, you just make a personal attack. That is what is wrong with it.

Cheers.

Thanks for sticking up for me, last time I knew we were allowed to have personal opinions based on our experience and voice them freely here. Maybe I missed something in forum posting guidelines against this, if so I apologize…Shawn

blutt59
beers 6998 º places 210 º 18:25 Sun 5/5/2013