RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Brewer to brewer, Kolsch is indistinguishable

read 6397 times • 126 replies • posted 5/5/2013 7:14:25 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

premium
Theydon_Bois 6986:548
Always great to see your profile pic Nick, you think ahhh proud father and theres a little piggy on your knee - classic!

Was in Bochum last weekend and there was some kind of festival on. Ginger hairy piglets on display - never seen the like !
5/6/2013 1:09:54 AM

Private message send the author a private message

Erlangernick 1:2
Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Always great to see your profile pic Nick, you think ahhh proud father and theres a little piggy on your knee - classic!

Was in Bochum last weekend and there was some kind of festival on. Ginger hairy piglets on display - never seen the like !

Actually though, that ainít me in the photo, but a friend in Orygun. Nor do I really eat much pigmeat -- hardly ever, actually. Ironic, maybe.
5/6/2013 1:38:00 AM

FrumptyDumpty
I donít think it matters if the guy lived in Germany for 8 years or not. People live in the usa for all their life and think Bud is the best beer. I just donít see how you can try to lump all German beer into "ordinary" at all. While it is true Germany might not be running around tossing everything short of their nut sack into beers like the rest of us are that doesnít mean that they make "ordinary" beers. You are more then welcome to your personal opinion and I am more then welcome to my own which is that you still donít "get" German beer.
5/6/2013 4:43:51 AM

premium
MagicDave6 1:2
Sounds about right, but are you sure about the same for Alt?

I found them to be quite different house to house.
5/6/2013 4:46:14 AM

premium
SHIG 3447:195
Originally posted by FrumptyDumpty
I donít think it matters if the guy lived in Germany for 8 years or not. People live in the usa for all their life and think Bud is the best beer. I just donít see how you can try to lump all German beer into "ordinary" at all. While it is true Germany might not be running around tossing everything short of their nut sack into beers like the rest of us are that doesnít mean that they make "ordinary" beers. You are more then welcome to your personal opinion and I am more then welcome to my own which is that you still donít "get" German beer.

You are 100% right that we are all welcome to our opinions. Thanks for voicing yours. Please enlighten us all on why I do not "get" it, since I stand by my original post...Shawn
5/6/2013 7:03:10 AM

left_bank 68:45
I just donít see how you can try to lump all German beer into "ordinary" at all. While it is true Germany might not be running around tossing everything short of their nut sack into beers like the rest of us are that doesnít mean that they make "ordinary" beers.

>are you a brewer/are you brewing beer in london?this is the type of statement i want to read from a brewer.can you send me info on some of your beers and if you are working in london?(i will be there for 2 months this summer)
5/6/2013 7:53:39 AM

premium
admin
joet 2052:88
Is making ordinary beer that big of a crime?
5/6/2013 8:20:27 AM

rpattinson 84:
Originally posted by SHIG

You are 100% right that we are all welcome to our opinions. Thanks for voicing yours. Please enlighten us all on why I do not "get" it, since I stand by my original post...Shawn

I think you might be confusing the words "normal" and "ordinary".
5/6/2013 8:38:42 AM

premium
JK 4283:249
Originally posted by Erlangernick
Originally posted by JK

So what youíre saying is, you regret not having followed my advice to spend the ENTIRE TIME in Bamberg. Ah well, thereís always a next time.

Actually I think Bamberg is worth about two-three days unless you are there on a hardcore beer vacation with the goal of drinking at as many different breweries as possible. Bit it was never a beer vacation.
5/6/2013 8:47:28 AM

premium
SHIG 3447:195
Originally posted by rpattinson
Originally posted by SHIG

I think you might be confusing the words "normal" and "ordinary".

or∑di∑nar∑y
/ˈŰrdnˌerē/
Adjective
With no special or distinctive features; normal.
Noun
What is commonplace or standard.
Synonyms
common - usual - regular - normal - habitual - customary

Nope pretty sure I used it in the right context.
5/6/2013 9:27:42 AM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers