Brewery Details in Portland / Seattle

Reads 221 • Replies 5 • Started Monday, May 20, 2013 6:42:02 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 06:42 Mon 5/20/2013

I’ve spent the last half hour trying to find details:. Basically, I want to know what bottles are available at the Seattle and Portland breweries.

Cascade shows what’s on tap and in bottles but like HoTD, Deschuttes and Upright does not.

Is this info posted anywhere?

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 06:59 Mon 5/20/2013

You mean you want to know what beers the breweries bottle, or what bottles you can get at the breweries’ dock sales, or...? Either way, a rather big undertaking!

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 07:29 Mon 5/20/2013

well, like if I go to hair of the dog, can I get a case of Fred? Is it seasonal? Cascade lists in clear view what bottles and taps are currently available and at what prices. No other portland brewery is listing this. I just need to budget how much money and suitcase space I’ll need when I’m there for a week.

DA
places 1 º 08:02 Mon 5/20/2013

I’m not sure who else would list this info if it’s not on the breweries website, but I can try to help as much as possible. Your best bet would be to just make some phone calls or emails.

I think Hair of the Dog has this on their website... but not sure if it’s up to date. I think Adam, Fred, and Ruth cases are always available, the rest are seasonal. Right now I believe there are still some Fred from the Wood and Bourbon Fred available to go from the last release, but no 100% certain on that. He has a lot of vintage beers on the menu, but they are for onsite consumption only.

Upright typically has their 4,5,6,7 available year round, Sole Comps and other Seasonals come and go, but typically 2-3 are available at the taproom. I think for seasonals right now they have Gose, Oyster Stout, and maybe some Billy the Mountain still available. For Sole Comps I have no idea, but possibly some of the barleywine varieties.

Let me know which other breweries you’re curious about and I can try and help as much as possible.

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 09:24 Mon 5/20/2013

Thank you for the info! I"ll have to just call these breweries the week of my trip and ask. I didn’t know wood aged HoTD beers were available in large quantities. that’s good to kow and maybe I’lll luck out when I go in September.

Sarlacc83
beers 2662 º places 111 º 19:15 Tue 5/21/2013

You’re unlikely to get barrel aged beers from HotD in September with the 20th Anniversary coming in November. It’s possible, but unlikely.

There are very few ’publicized’ releases out here. Things just kind of happen. However, if you go to Belmont Station’s website, belmont-station.com, you can get a really good view of the recent beers available in the area that have been distributed (which tends to be most of them outside the Upright Sole Comps and maybe some Breakside beers.)