RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Homebrew | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Brewing for beginners

read 4539 times • 61 replies • posted 9/8/2012 9:07:10 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

giorgos 4
indeed. thats what i do. thanks!
9/21/2012 6:03:21 PM

Private message send the author a private message

giorgos 4
i finally got my equipment (vessel barell spoon syphon hidrometer etc). it was a good priced one from wilkinsons so yeah. my fermentation vessel does not have a hole for the airbubbler is that a problem? i saw some vessels without the bubbler ..
10/2/2012 5:06:27 AM

premium
BenH 2027:6
It will be a problem if you try to ferment in a sealed container. Drill a hole and get a rubber stopper thing (forgot what theyíre called) to put your airlock in
10/2/2012 6:01:30 AM

giorgos 4
what if my kit does not fulfill the vessel? is it a problem to put 10 liters on a 20 liters fermantation vessel?
10/8/2012 8:26:34 AM

HornyDevil
Originally posted by giorgos
what if my kit does not fulfill the vessel? is it a problem to put 10 liters on a 20 liters fermantation vessel?

No problem at all as long as you plan to package it soon after fermentation finishes.
10/8/2012 8:38:17 AM

giorgos 4
ok thanks. and what kind of add-ons can i use in a pre-hopped extract? (amber belgian - brewferm)
10/8/2012 8:43:37 AM

premium
BenH 2027:6
Originally posted by HornyDevil

No problem at all as long as you plan to package it soon after fermentation finishes.

What is the problem of leaving a small volume in a large container? Would there be a problem say if you were to put 10litres in a 20litre secondary vessel?
10/8/2012 8:58:52 AM

giorgos 4
the fermentation started the second day and lasted for one more.. today i woke up and there was no action in the vessel. is that a problem?
10/14/2012 5:30:50 AM

Erlangernick 1:2
the fermentation started the second day and lasted for one more.. today i woke up and there was no action in the vessel. is that a problem?

Did you take hydrometer readings?
10/18/2012 12:41:21 AM

giorgos 4
yes.. potential alcohol = 0 ,approx. sugar per liter = 60, specific grav = 20 ....

i dont know it seems strange.. i had 2 days o fermentation on the second and fourth day.. there are bubbles on the cap of my vessel and it is a bit boosted.. when i press it the airlock makes bubbles.. is it wrong to do it? is it bad to have bubbles on the top of it?
10/18/2012 3:41:20 PM

Home > Forums > Homebrew

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add