RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Homebrew | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Brewing Schedule for 2013

read 1682 times • 40 replies • posted 1/9/2013 6:25:37 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

HornyDevil
Brewing only every other month, it doesnít even seem worth posting, but I think it a decent topic of discussion.

January: Belma DIPA w/ Citra and Amarillo

March: Chamomile Saison

May: Centennial DIPA w/ Citra and Amarillo

July: Serebrianka Saison

September: Cascade DIPA w/ Citra and Amarillo

November: Holiday Quad or, more likely, Braggot w/ rice and sake yeast
Private message Send the author a private message

bgburdman9 857:24
I do not really plan ahead that much. I brewed a dark mild and a citra IPA last friday and I have a mosaic IPA planned for sometime in the next couple weeks. Other than that I just end up brewing whenever I have some free time. I may not brew at all for a few months then do 3 or 4 batches one month.
1/9/2013 6:35:13 AM

Private message send the author a private message

Quasimodo 217:
My rotation is blonde, amber, dark then repeat.

I donít have the recipes planned more than a month or two in advance.
1/9/2013 7:16:53 AM

premium
NobleSquirrel 3437:209
Presently in the tank: Pre-Prohibition pilsner lagering, Helles Bock fermenting. Upcoming, Mild Ale, Citra lager, Vienna lager, possibly an American Dark Lager.
1/9/2013 7:28:01 AM

premium
AdamJackson 2390:181
Kegged last week:
Brewed in September, on tap-now: Strawberry Rhubarb Berliner Weisse

Brewed in December, maturing in kegs now:
Honey Belgian Wit
Chimay Yellow-Label Clone
13% Russian Imperial Stout (going to age on bourbon soaked oak spirals)

Brewing in January:
Boulevard Saison Brett Clone
Lawnmower Saison w/ 1 pound of fresh plums in the secondary
Hill Farmstead Double Galaxy Clone

Brewing in February:
Surly Furious Clone
Strawberry Cream Soda for the GF (root beer I made which is on tap now is almost gone)

Brewing in February / March:
My first lambic attempt pitching with various lambic dregs and Iím trying now to secure a small barrel for fermentation.

I want to do more long term aging beers (flanders red, saisons, lambic and some big stouts) in 2013. I have so many great local IPAs to drink from Hill Farmstead and Lawsons that brewing my own IPAs isnít as much fun.
1/9/2013 7:32:52 AM

Unclerudy 12:3
Order small barrels from homebrewing.org for $75. Very nice, and i plan on doing a Don q clone soon with my little barrel.
1/9/2013 7:47:17 AM

HornyDevil
Originally posted by adamjackson[/i
I want to do more long term aging beers (flanders red, saisons, lambic and some big stouts) in 2013.

Started a big sour beer project last year and I like the direction that it has gone. Going to bottle an amber sour with dates pretty soon and replace it with the base beer for a flanders red / oud bruin project.

Originally posted by adamjackson
I have so many great local IPAs to drink from Hill Farmstead and Lawsons that brewing my own IPAs isnít as much fun.

I would think that this would make brewing IPAs more fun.
1/9/2013 7:49:05 AM

premium
AdamJackson 2390:181
Thanks Rudy! Iíll check it out.

Congrats on the successful brewing. Iím confident my first go at a lambic is going to suck but I have to get practice.

RE: lolal IPAs. VT IPAs have inspired me to do some cool things and turned me on to new hop varieties. But when the best IPAs Iíve ever had are a short drive away, brewing them is harder because mine donít live up to those. Sours are not easy to get so brewing those is more out of necessity. If I want a lambic kriek, itís far easier to brew it myself and have 5 gallons of it.

You make a good point.
1/9/2013 7:52:34 AM

HornyDevil
Originally posted by adamjackson
Iím confident my first go at a lambic is going to suck

Absolutely no reason for it to. Read The Mad Fermentationist and the Burgundian Babble Belt before you brew it and youíll be more than OK.
1/9/2013 8:08:04 AM

Unclerudy 12:3
Been group brewing Flanders Red in a 55 gallon bourbon barrel for the past 5 years. We started with a all late addition hopped IPA for 4 months, did a northern english brown in it after which was naturally soured for 8 months, then have been doing a flanders red for a year at a time with roselair blend of bugs. 12 guys do 5 gallons each of the same recipe, 5 is reserved for top offs from the Angelís share. We taste everything that goes in, and ave had to not put in a couple of peopleís batches over the 5 years. They just rebrew and use it for the angels. We keep the barrel in the basement of a guys 150 year old farmhouse that is unfinished, and it goes through the seasonal changes. We are actually dumping and filling on Saturday. We usually dump into carboys 4 gallons each, rinse the barrel with preboiled water, and then fill with the beer that has hopefully been fermenting for at least 4 weeks. Mine is still throwing out bubbles from the airlock every other second after almost 5 weeks. After Saturday, I will have 4 years of aged beers that I plan on blending and bottling. I will probably be shooting to bottle close to 10 gallons of it. Very interesting project if you have the time, space, and people to do it.
1/9/2013 8:17:32 AM

HornyDevil
Originally posted by Unclerudy
I will have 4 years of aged beers that I plan on blending and bottling. I will probably be shooting to bottle close to 10 gallons of it. Very interesting project if you have the time, space, and people to do it.

Indeed. Especially the blending aspect.
1/9/2013 8:19:59 AM

Home > Forums > Homebrew

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add