Budgeting for Akkurat

Reads 7006 • Replies 53 • Started Thursday, March 12, 2015 3:19:07 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 15:19 Thu 3/12/2015

I’ll be at Akkurat on May 6th and 7th (pending work allowing me the time off)

I’m trying to plan on how much money I expect to spend. These are the beers I need to rate that I hear are available:
Cantillon Soleil de Minuit
Cantillon Reed Gueuze Muscat
Cantillon Reed Gueuze Pinot Noir
Cantillon Goldackerl Gueuze
Cantillon Saint Lamvinus Unblended
Cantillon Tyrnilambic Baie d’Argousier
Cantillon Groseille
Cantillon Groseille à Maquereau
3 Fonteinen Malvasia

Mikkeller X Vesterbronx Kriek 2007
Mikkeller Blåbær Lambik

3 Fonteinen Millennium Geuze
Cantillon Loerik
Cantillon Gueuze Vélomoteur
Cantillon Olutravintola Pikkulintu

Närke Kaggen Laphroaig Casiss Stormaktsporter
Närke Kaggen Raspberry Stormaktsporter
Närke Kaggen Stormaktsporter Pure Swedish Oak
Närke Konjaks! Stormaktsporter
Närke Stormaktsporter

3 Fonteinen Akkurat’s Oude Geuze 50/50
3 Fonteinen Akkurats Gold Geuze 50/50

I know not all of these are available there but these are all very special beers that I believe could be available. What I need in advance is a price for the bottles that are there. It can be via PM if people want to remain secretive but I need to know how much money to bring with me.

Does the bar accept credit cards?

It will be me and a friend and others are invited to join. I only need 1-2 ounces of each of these to get the rating.

Travlr
beers 33886 º places 4582 º 15:44 Thu 3/12/2015

You’ll need a second mortgage. I am not kidding.

When GT2 and I went in 2014 they listed the prices of their vintage bottles online. Looks like they no longer do, and I can’t imagine that’s a good sign.

But omhper will know, and he’s an excellent host, I’m sure you’re planning to reach out to him.

Also, there are many other good bars in the area, so do leave enough time to explore.

I think I remember credit cards being accepted.

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 15:47 Thu 3/12/2015

Thank you Travlr. I expected Soleil to be $150 USD. I expected the very rare Reed Gueuze bottles to be $75-$100 despite 375ML.

I’m budgeting $500 and my companion an additional $250. Obviously, the more people that could contribute something, it would mean we open more bottles, not that I would spend less.

Also, I don’t plan on going back to Akkurat for at least 5 years if ever so it’ll be a pricey 2 nights. Will start next week researching other places to go but this was our main reason to visit Stockholm. Tickers Gotta Tick.

I only need 4 total 3F beers before I’ve rated them all and 2 of them should be available here.

SaintMatty
beers 10530 º places 381 º 15:48 Thu 3/12/2015

Cantillon Tyrnilambic Baie d’Argousier
Cantillon Groseille
Cantillon Groseille à Maquereau

These beers were made for a pub in Finland called One Pint (Helsinki) and last time I was in Akkurat they were not on the menu. Have never seen them there before either.

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 15:57 Thu 3/12/2015

Thank you. I guess I need to add a stop in Finland on this trip!

rouhlas
admin
beers 5623 º places 348 º 16:35 Thu 3/12/2015

It’s been a year that I had been in Stockholm, I can’t remember the Akkurat’s bottle list (bad decision to leave this place last after going from bar to bar the whole day) but I do remember that Man in the Moon ( http://www.ratebeer.com/p/man-in-the-moon-stockholm/5084/) had Närke Kaggen Stormaktsporter Pure Swedish Oak

Marsiblursi
beers 3075 º places 10 º 16:51 Thu 3/12/2015

I would recommend that you team up with some local ratebeer:ians/beer nerds. The sour stuff - 40 to 100-ish (USD). But! You will have "the time of your life".

omhper
beers 40200 º places 332 º 17:34 Thu 3/12/2015

As pointed out before not all these are available at Akkurat.

As I hardly ever drink anything out if that list, even if I’m normally at Akkurat 1-3 times/week, so my info may be out of date. However these are ones that I believe have been (and may still be) available there:

Cantillon Soleil de Minuit
Cantillon Reed Gueuze Muscat
Cantillon Reed Gueuze Pinot Noir
Cantillon Goldackerl Gueuze
Cantillon Saint Lamvinus Unblended
3 Fonteinen Malvasia
3 Fonteinen Millennium Geuze
Cantillon Loerik
Cantillon Gueuze Vélomoteur
Närke Konjaks! Stormaktsporter
Närke Stormaktsporter
3 Fonteinen Akkurat’s Oude Geuze 50/50
3 Fonteinen Akkurats Gold Geuze 50/50

Expect price to be from SEK 200 to 900, most in the lower half of that range. (1 SEK = 0.116302 USD)

We just started with bi-weekly Ratebeer pubcrawls in Stockholm on thursdays, and the week actually matches, so maybe we can build something around it?

konstifik
beers 573 º places 37 º 17:48 Thu 3/12/2015

I heard the last bottle of Soleil was drunk earlier this week. Not sure if it was the last or "the last".

Cantillon Olutravintola Pikkulintu is also a one bar special, made for Olutravintola Pikkulintu in Helsinki. Pretty sure you won’t find the Mikkellers either, they tend to avoid beers from gypsy brewers.

Velomoteur, Goldackerl and Konjaks should be available. Those three will set you back roughly $250 together. If they still have the Millenium Gueuze that’s roughly another $100 and if they still have the St Lam Unblended that’s probably $70-80.

They do accept credit cards.

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 19:48 Thu 3/12/2015

Really awesome replies so far thanks so much for the information!

So the money I budgeted will be enough which is great.

and I’d love to meet up with some locals. I’ll be posting a thread before my trip to arrange some tastings. For now, I was just trying to see if I can even afford to go.

I might skip Copenhagen on this Nordic Trip and do Finland instead if there’s a chance to order and try those beers.

thank you everyone!

I think Angst is already in for meeting me to do a tasting. will try to find others as well.

VsXsV
beers 5000 º places 92 º 20:11 Thu 3/12/2015

Goldackerl is really expensive nowadays. Like 1600 SEK. I’ll try to do a more constructive post when I’m less drunk. St Lam unblended was "out" already in september 2012 when we tried to order it, even though we spent 5000 SEK. Both of the 50/50’s are supposed to be sold out, maybe you can get the oude geuze.