CAMRA 2014-2015

Reads 4077 • Replies 62 • Started Wednesday, December 10, 2014 1:30:05 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 16:49 Thu 12/18/2014

Fair point, but sadly one that doesn’t take into account the inherent stupidity of the lowest common denominator... Market forces are driven by consumers, and the majority of consumers consume what they’re told to. Market forces isn’t really letting everyone decide, it’s the few telling the sheeple what to decide...

FatPhil
beers 25978 º places 994 º 15:48 Fri 12/19/2014

I’m late to the party, it seems. Full-discosure - life member.

First of all, Silk’s comments right from the start were superb, even if I didn’t come to all the same conclusions even if I agreed with all the premises. There’s more than way to skin a cat.

When I first saw the images, all of 60 minutes ago the first thought that went through my head was "No!!!!" that lasted about a whole minute - there was quite frankly disbelief. I read the blogs and the comments, and found that a lot of people think CAMRA made a mistake for quite different reasons. I don’t agree with them all, at all. Some are quite ill-thought out. How about this one:
"As a young woman who loves discovering fabulous beer, I do not want to be portrayed in this way."

You’ve forgotten about the males, madam. *I* as a [age-band elided] man who loves discovering fabulous beer, do not want to be portrayed in this way either, where "this way" is that male in the first image. Twatty hair-cut, wanky wannabe-thought-of-as-cool shades. WTF?!?!?

Let’s hear some sympathy for the offended males too, you sexist pigs!