RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Trade | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Please only add substantive and/or positive replies. No unauthorized sales. More guidelines.

Canada?

read 471 times • 7 replies • posted 6/9/2013 3:42:53 PM

Thread Frozen

premium
bhensonb 11074:476
Havenít done a Canadian trade for years. Any current advice on things like UPS and customs?
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
mathieuc 1284:5
Basic advices: Declare the box content as being anything but food or liquids and declare it being worth less than $20. Make sure there is no sloshing sounds and pack well. I usually declare it as being books and worth $0 (and a gift).
6/9/2013 4:06:00 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
MacBoost 1279:20
I always declare "ceramics".
6/10/2013 8:18:49 AM

premium
pushkinwow 2014:123
I saw this and thought to myself "what beer is worth Canada"...my strange brain wiring aside definitely make sure its under $20, make sure to include the right number of items, label as a gift, and if there is a harmonized code then make sure to use it (only know about this for fedex not sure about for other ways).
6/10/2013 10:02:56 AM

premium
bhensonb 11074:476
I kind of like ceramic memorabilia. Thoughts?
6/11/2013 7:44:39 PM

Rosebud butternuts 2396:36
Bill!!!!!!!!
6/11/2013 8:02:13 PM

premium
bytemesis 3153:367
4 successful trades in the last three months, no customs pain (yet). I usually declare a combination of the old standard "collectible glassware" and "homemade ornaments" and always declare the correct number of bottles. Has worked so far.
6/11/2013 8:06:13 PM

premium
Alen
Last shipment I did to Canada, I declared the bottles to be about a few bucks each, and it backfired. Customs didnít buy that shit and wanted proof of actual value, which I didnít have, so they sent it back. I had to repack and ship it back again, this time putting the actual beer price on the form, and it worked.
I promised myself Iíll never ship to Canada again, since customs has gotten real dick about it.
My advice would be to have your recipient take a little hit as far as customs taxes, and you declare a decent value on the package, so customs doesnít get suspicious.
6/11/2013 8:08:57 PM

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer