read 511 times • 7 replies •

Thread Frozen
beers 12760 º places 532 º 15:42 Sun 6/9/2013

Havenít done a Canadian trade for years. Any current advice on things like UPS and customs?

beers 2359 º places 5 º 16:06 Sun 6/9/2013

Basic advices: Declare the box content as being anything but food or liquids and declare it being worth less than $20. Make sure there is no sloshing sounds and pack well. I usually declare it as being books and worth $0 (and a gift).

beers 1564 º places 25 º 08:18 Mon 6/10/2013

I always declare "ceramics".

beers 2295 º places 128 º 10:02 Mon 6/10/2013

I saw this and thought to myself "what beer is worth Canada"...my strange brain wiring aside definitely make sure its under $20, make sure to include the right number of items, label as a gift, and if there is a harmonized code then make sure to use it (only know about this for fedex not sure about for other ways).

beers 12760 º places 532 º 19:44 Tue 6/11/2013

I kind of like ceramic memorabilia. Thoughts?

beers 4962 º places 585 º 20:06 Tue 6/11/2013

4 successful trades in the last three months, no customs pain (yet). I usually declare a combination of the old standard "collectible glassware" and "homemade ornaments" and always declare the correct number of bottles. Has worked so far.

20:08 Tue 6/11/2013

Last shipment I did to Canada, I declared the bottles to be about a few bucks each, and it backfired. Customs didnít buy that shit and wanted proof of actual value, which I didnít have, so they sent it back. I had to repack and ship it back again, this time putting the actual beer price on the form, and it worked.
I promised myself Iíll never ship to Canada again, since customs has gotten real dick about it.
My advice would be to have your recipient take a little hit as far as customs taxes, and you declare a decent value on the package, so customs doesnít get suspicious.

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer