RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Site News | Beer Talk | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

cantillon foufoune

read 1205 times • 9 replies • posted 12/21/2010 1:15:32 PM

Thread Frozen

badnewsbeers 2313:5
i guess i havent paid enough attention to this beer, and was wondering if this is something that is extremely difficult to find or acquire via trade. not even sure what exactly this takes to get or whatnot. any responses or feedback would be appreciated.
--didnt want to post in a trade forum, bc i am not quite sure if it is worth it or not. merely looking for feedback if possible
cheers, and happy holidays
tyler
Private message Send the author a private message

Beerlando 3342:70
Long story short....

- Used to be available in abundance in the U.S. pretty much everywhere that carried Cantillon products

- When the stock dried up, it was rumored to have been discontinued

- Rampant hoarding and trading over-value ensued, particularly on BA

- Pleas to Cantillon convinced them to make it again

- The new (2010) batch was for the Euro market only, no import (at least not yet)

- Bottom line, you should be able to get it in a $ for $ trade, but it will likely cost you more now considering that you have to either trade overseas or trade with someone who has
12/21/2010 1:33:32 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
Rciesla 5499:3
Originally posted by Beerlando
Long story short....

- Used to be available in abundance in the U.S. pretty much everywhere that carried Cantillon products

- The new (2010) batch was for the Euro market only, no import (at least not yet)

- Bottom line, you should be able to get it in a $ for $ trade, but it will likely cost you more now considering that you have to either trade overseas or trade with someone who has

Well said.

I heard rumors its soon to be back in the states but i donít have anything in print to back these words up.
12/21/2010 1:35:54 PM

badnewsbeers 2313:5
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated.
Cheers
Tyler
12/21/2010 4:06:10 PM

kramer 5034:9
Originally posted by Rciesla
Originally posted by Beerlando
Long story short....

Well said.

I heard rumors its soon to be back in the states but i donít have anything in print to back these words up.

He forgot to add that it is awesome, and that it IS worth it.
12/21/2010 9:15:31 PM

premium
CanIHave4Beers 3322:74
Yeah, Iím with Kramer, now might not be the best time to seek this one out but holy crap this beer is awesome and just as worthy for seeking out as many far rarer beers.
12/21/2010 9:30:17 PM

Mjollnir 391:10
A bunch of it recently turned up in Canberra, Australia so it canít be far away for you guys. I was chuffed to bits, we usually miss out on the lower volume stuff entirely.
12/21/2010 11:52:22 PM

premium
pushkinwow 2034:123
It also was available through a Quebec private order beer club in the summer and should be delivered in January. So maybe there just wasnít enough to ship to the US market and Cantillon decided to ship to other places? Seems strange but it made me happy :)
12/22/2010 5:37:08 AM

Fred82 2115:7
Originally posted by pushkinwow
It also was available through a Quebec private order beer club in the summer and should be delivered in January. So maybe there just wasnít enough to ship to the US market and Cantillon decided to ship to other places? Seems strange but it made me happy :)

We deal with private distributors for our private import so itís not Cantillonís decision to send some to us of not.

Also, it would not be the first time that we donít get something we ordered. I prefer to wait until I have the case in my hand before I consider trading some of them away.

Canít wait though
12/22/2010 5:49:55 AM

Beerlando 3342:70
Originally posted by CanIHave4Beers
Yeah, Iím with Kramer, now might not be the best time to seek this one out but holy crap this beer is awesome and just as worthy for seeking out as many far rarer beers.

Oh trust me.....I LOVE this stuff and wasnít trying to discourage the OP from seeking it out. Hell, I had some of the new batch shipped from Belgium myself (paying some serious shipping $$$) because I couldnít wait to see if it was being imported. By all means, this stuff is awesome!

That said, there is no denying that there was a several month period where people were trying to inflate the market for it. I saw people asking for some crazy stuff for it in trade, and there was a flurry of eBay posts asking for several hundred dollars per bottle.
12/22/2010 5:50:27 AM

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search