RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Chimay Triple expiration date

read 1365 times • 4 replies • posted 1/22/2008 4:52:36 PM

Thread Frozen

Remy
Hello everyone,

Today I got some some Chimay triples (white) at the supermarket, and I just noticed that the label says "best before 2007". Damn supermarket, selling out of date products! I know that Chimay blue can be drunk after a few years, but what about the white? Did I get ripped off, or can a triple be good after its expiration date?

Thanks,

Remy
Private message Send the author a private message

xmarcnolanx 925:1
Originally posted by Remy
Hello everyone,

Today I got some some Chimay triples (white) at the supermarket, and I just noticed that the label says "best before 2007". Damn supermarket, selling out of date products! I know that Chimay blue can be drunk after a few years, but what about the white? Did I get ripped off, or can a triple be good after its expiration date?

Thanks,

Remy

It is still drinking good most probably. It is 8 percent, so depending on how it was handled should be more than fine.
1/22/2008 5:02:49 PM

Private message send the author a private message

beastiefan2k 2274:176
it might even be better than fresh. Find yourself a fresher bottle compare and tell use the results. . Then age another bottle for a few more years and tell us how that works out.
1/22/2008 6:38:19 PM

PilsnerPeter 3028:100
as long as it hasnít been mistreated it should be in itís prime.
1/22/2008 7:10:48 PM

premium
RollinHard 1024:
Yeah, I had a Chimay White that was stored over a year old, stored at my house at room temperature for 1 year pretty much exactly. It was excellent. Basically the edges were all smoothed and the peppery qualities that the beer has when fresh were the most downplayed, letting you taste a bit more well rounded malt flavors. No sign of any oxidation at all, even considering the hot Texas summer it had to withstand.
1/22/2008 10:14:18 PM

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search