RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > Texas | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

City of Dallas - Beer Update for State Fair Attendees

read 955 times • 18 replies • posted 9/28/2012 9:49:18 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

krumb
FB pages says late October. So, Iím guessing mid-November.
10/5/2012 5:55:43 AM

Private message send the author a private message

foduck 330:8
last time I went to Union Bear they had Jacobins Rouge on tap for the $5. not a bad deal.
10/5/2012 12:54:42 PM

premium
fly 1417:224
Originally posted by foduck
last time I went to Union Bear they had Jacobins Rouge on tap for the $5. not a bad deal.

LOVE that beer!
10/5/2012 1:10:07 PM

foduck 330:8
and what the hell is with these bars being so competitive with each other. the way i see it, each one has something a little different to offer. they attract different sorts of crowds. of course there is some crossover with hardcore craft beer drinkers. but ive visited all of these places and they all have pretty different concepts.
if anything, the bars are probably helping each other more than hurting. theres plenty of craft beer drinkers in this city now to support them all.
10/5/2012 1:14:34 PM

Dixonian 1561:144
Hopefully later this month or next. Very excited for this place.

Park Ln, Lakewood, & Highland Park Whole Foods all do growler fills in Dallas. Gio Carlo & the soon to open Brewed fill em in FW.

Originally posted by BeerElf
When will Craft and Growler open? Dallas needs more places to fill growlers.
10/6/2012 3:51:45 PM

dukefan 214:62
@krumb: First of all, this website is entirely based on honest, personal opinion. So I truly respect your opinion that the food is tasty - just like there are alot of beer reviews I donít agree with, I also donít call out the author either. And while I do NOT feel compelled to defend my position (others have already done a great job for me) I will be more specific.

I have had a lot of the menu there, and never found anything that either wasnít a.) entirely flavored by buckets of salt, or b.) flavored by nothing at all.

As for changing chefs, that falls entirely on the shoulder of part owner Shannon Wynne. In the industry, he is reviled by almost any person who has ever worked for him for his "Gordon Ramsey" type treatment of his employees. David McMillan, a chef I respect, is there now. My guess is that it wonít be for long.

@BeerElf - Regarding Craft and Growler. Here is the latest from their Facebook page on their opening (from 10/26). "Not yet, but busting our butts to get to our opening. Main thing we are waiting on is the completion of our tap system, which requires custom fabricated steel."

If you Facebook friend them, you can also see that they will have some awesome growlers they will sell you for fills. You can bet I will be all over the Kleen Kanteen Stainless Steel growler when they open up.
11/9/2012 7:59:02 AM

premium
legion242 2188:115
Originally posted by dukefan
@krumb: First of all, this website is entirely based on honest, personal opinion. So I truly respect your opinion that the food is tasty - just like there are alot of beer reviews I donít agree with, I also donít call out the author either. And while I do NOT feel compelled to defend my position (others have already done a great job for me) I will be more specific.

I have had a lot of the menu there, and never found anything that either wasnít a.) entirely flavored by buckets of salt, or b.) flavored by nothing at all.

As for changing chefs, that falls entirely on the shoulder of part owner Shannon Wynne. In the industry, he is reviled by almost any person who has ever worked for him for his "Gordon Ramsey" type treatment of his employees. David McMillan, a chef I respect, is there now. My guess is that it wonít be for long.

@BeerElf - Regarding Craft and Growler. Here is the latest from their Facebook page on their opening (from 10/26). "Not yet, but busting our butts to get to our opening. Main thing we are waiting on is the completion of our tap system, which requires custom fabricated steel."

If you Facebook friend them, you can also see that they will have some awesome growlers they will sell you for fills. You can bet I will be all over the Kleen Kanteen Stainless Steel growler when they open up.

11/9/2012 8:09:01 AM

krumb
Far as I know, you canít respond to reviews. You can, however, respond to posts.

No harm meant. Cheers.
11/9/2012 9:42:38 AM

Home > Forums > Texas

Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback