College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 226757 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 13:21 Wed 8/17/2011

Looks like UCF in now getting a letter from the NCAA.

beernovice39
beers 3269 º places 250 º 13:35 Wed 8/17/2011

GoT said someone else was running the league this year. Who, where, when?? I want in again.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 14:02 Wed 8/17/2011

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig

That made my day when I heard it on Sirius.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 14:04 Wed 8/17/2011

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Originally posted by hopscotch
GOLDEN AGE!
He’s out of Miami on the first job offer he gets.

The following quotes were by Miami Coach Golden from an article published today, August 17, on espn.com

"Golden said that university officials should have informed him of the NCAA investigation or possible violations before he took the job if they had any knowledge of them.

"Only if they knew," he said. "If they knew this was percolating, I believe they did have a responsibility to tell me. But look, I’m happy here. My wife is happy here. We’ve got great kids on this team. We have commitments from 24 young men and their families that appreciate and share our core values moving forward."

Despite his eagerness to move forward, Golden did concede it has been a difficult few days.

"I’m not going to say it’s not difficult," he said. "I’m standing here in front of you because I want to make sure we get it right. As quickly as we can get to the bottom of whatever happened, then we can move forward. I wasn’t here when it happened. For me and my staff and the student-athletes, we’re trying to get to the bottom of it so we can move forward. One way to do that is to cooperate with the NCAA and get the truth."

I wonder if UCF will have to forfeit a bunch of wins and their first bowl win against an 8th place SEC team if Jeffrey Godfrey is ruled ineligible as a result of all this.

If so, that’s too bad as UCF had nothing to do with it all... or maybe there’s a sugar daddy in Orlando who was willing to show Godfrey a better time than Shapiro.

Either way, it’s all bad news.

Nothing will come of Godfrey being courted by the chumps in Miami.

They can also kiss a BCS conference good bye.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 14:05 Wed 8/17/2011

Originally posted by mgumby10
Somebody talk me away from the ledge...

I assumed you were in the fetal position sucking your thumb. The death penalty for your school is a very real possibility.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 14:45 Wed 8/17/2011

Originally posted by TheCheeseMan
Originally posted by mgumby10
Somebody talk me away from the ledge...

I assumed you were in the fetal position sucking your thumb. The death penalty for your school is a very real possibility.

Perhaps.

I still stand strong though. __

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 16:29 Wed 8/17/2011

I guess somebody has to pay for Ohio State, Auburn and Miami’s wrongdoings.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 17:30 Wed 8/17/2011

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 17:34 Wed 8/17/2011

I guess somebody has to pay for Ohio State, Auburn and Miami’s wrongdoings.

This is dumb.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 17:51 Wed 8/17/2011

Originally posted by hopscotch
GOLDEN AGE!
He’s out of Miami on the first job offer he gets.

The following quotes were by Miami Coach Golden from an article published today, August 17, on espn.com

"Golden said that university officials should have informed him of the NCAA investigation or possible violations before he took the job if they had any knowledge of them.

"Only if they knew," he said. "If they knew this was percolating, I believe they did have a responsibility to tell me. But look, I’m happy here. My wife is happy here. We’ve got great kids on this team. We have commitments from 24 young men and their families that appreciate and share our core values moving forward."

Despite his eagerness to move forward, Golden did concede it has been a difficult few days.

"I’m not going to say it’s not difficult," he said. "I’m standing here in front of you because I want to make sure we get it right. As quickly as we can get to the bottom of whatever happened, then we can move forward. I wasn’t here when it happened. For me and my staff and the student-athletes, we’re trying to get to the bottom of it so we can move forward. One way to do that is to cooperate with the NCAA and get the truth."

I wonder if UCF will have to forfeit a bunch of wins and their first bowl win against an 8th place SEC team if Jeffrey Godfrey is ruled ineligible as a result of all this.

If so, that’s too bad as UCF had nothing to do with it all... or maybe there’s a sugar daddy in Orlando who was willing to show Godfrey a better time than Shapiro.

Either way, it’s all bad news.

Nothing will come of Godfrey being courted by the chumps in Miami.

Among the specific incidents, Shapiro or other sources say Hurtt, Hill, Stoutland, Pannunzio and Allen all delivered top-tier recruits to Shapiro’s home or luxury suite so the booster could make recruiting pitches to them. Among the players who were ushered to Shapiro while they were still in high school: Eventual Miami commitments Ray-Ray Armstrong, Dyron Dye and Olivier Vernon (prompted by Hurtt); eventual Florida commitments Andre Debose (Hurtt) and Matt Patchan (prompted by Stoutland and Pannunzio); eventual Georgia commitment Orson Charles (Pannunzio); and eventual Central Florida commitment Jeffrey Godfrey (Allen).

Can you say ineligible?