College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 227488 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Blazer06
21:33 Sat 10/22/2011

Damn it, close game but looks like I owe the Cheeseman some cheese. I think Sweet Grass does some cheddars this time of year, so I’ll grab some of those next time I’m around which should be soon.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 04:43 Sun 10/23/2011

Originally posted by TheAlum
Maybe I spoke too soon.. Either way, Fuck Bucky.

Bucky got owned in his cheap-ass prison stripe pajamas.

Man, that was one loooong-ass favorite Syracuse memory!

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 05:34 Sun 10/23/2011

Holy shit, what a finish to the Wisc-MSU game. Does Oklahoma State jump BSU in the polls now? Great finish to another great weekend of football.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 05:34 Sun 10/23/2011

Originally posted by Blazer06
Damn it, close game but looks like I owe the Cheeseman some cheese. I think Sweet Grass does some cheddars this time of year, so I’ll grab some of those next time I’m around which should be soon.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 05:42 Sun 10/23/2011

Freaking awesome weekend of football... and I called a lot of those upsets... very generally, of course. Lots of teams set up to fail. Now if only that would translate to my Yahoo picks.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 05:47 Sun 10/23/2011

I keep hearing the talking heads and other media members complain that the Heisman Trophy doesn’t go to the best player in college football; it goes to the best player on the best team in college football. Now, I know many of these same people have a vote. I also know what a Heisman ballot looks like. Three blank lines... not just ten or so names to choose from. These guys and gals can write any names on those lines they want to. Yet, again, the people who can actually change this trend (which I don’t personally like) are the ones bitching about it. Oh, the irony.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 05:50 Sun 10/23/2011

Originally posted by TheCheeseMan
Holy shit, what a finish to the Wisc-MSU game. Does Oklahoma State jump BSU in the polls now? Great finish to another great weekend of football.

I think so.

Big Game Bob shits the bed just like normal.. Against a team that shouldn’t even challenge him.

And I don’t think they’ll go undefeated, but KSU quietly picks up another win.

All the teams I don’t like lost and my own team rolled (though the D struggled early against a very mobile QB getting his first start - something we’ve been known to have problems with).. What a great day of football!

Could be a tough week for both MSU and Wisco as they both have hard games (@Nebby, @OSU) the week after such an emotional night game. Wouldn’t be surprised to see both lose with such parity in the B1G this year.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 06:05 Sun 10/23/2011

Originally posted by TheAlum
Originally posted by TheCheeseMan

I think so.

Big Game Bob shits the bed just like normal.. Against a team that shouldn’t even challenge him.

And I don’t think they’ll go undefeated, but KSU quietly picks up another win.

All the teams I don’t like lost and my own team rolled (though the D struggled early against a very mobile QB getting his first start - something we’ve been known to have problems with).. What a great day of football!

Could be a tough week for both MSU and Wisco as they both have hard games (@Nebby, @OSU) the week after such an emotional night game. Wouldn’t be surprised to see both lose with such parity in the B1G this year.

Really looking forward to the LSU-Bama game in 2 weeks, I think by default, it is going to be the play-in game for the BCS Championship.

We have two easy games with Kentucky and UT-Martin leading up to the slaughter by Alabama.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 06:57 Sun 10/23/2011

Very possible that the loser of the LSU-’Bama game could end up in the national title game if the loss is close and the winner goes on to lose in the SEC championship game. Crazier things have happened. That is the one and only problem with conference championship games.

Ok, so does the Mich. State hail Mary win against Wisconsin beat out the BC hail Mary win against Miami? I’m thinking it’s pretty close.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:39 Sun 10/23/2011

Clemson and Stanford are both quietly putting together seasons. They would hop over BSU eventually too.

And yes, I fully understand KSU could likely lose their next 4 contests.