College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 227541 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 15:32 Mon 10/31/2011

Originally posted by TheCheeseMan
Originally posted by beernovice39
Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by BBB63
That sounds like you beat yourself on a regular basis. You ran bbb out of here for that slappy.

I quit caring about ND football a few weeks ago when they lost to U$C, heck ND can lose to Wake Forest and I could care less... and I really do not care much for sports in general except for the NHL anymore. I think ESPN may have been on my TV an hour over the past week. Did not watch a single minute of pro football today and the only reason I watched college football yesterday was to be with my dad and drink a few beers.

So it is more like I ran myself out...

You sound like a busy guy. I hope you homebrew with all that lack of caring time. That would be time better spent than being one of the sixteen that watch hockey . Nice to know you still care enough to visit us here

seventeen, bitch

I request a yawning emoticon to use every time hockey is mentioned.

No shit.

Good luck getting that emoticon. I asked for one to use every time Sevie Garcia stats were mentioned. No luck.

beernovice39
beers 3269 º places 250 º 15:35 Mon 10/31/2011

Originally posted by GodOfThunder

Oh, and the Big Least announcement will be this week. Get ready for an improved conference, after dropping the dead weight who couldn’t seem to bring in BCS points.

Ridiculous. You just can’t stop yourself from talking smack about UCF... who, this year alone, has lost to... do you even want me to go there? ... and I no longer have a dog in this fight.

dude I cannot let this go. I want to let it go but I am unable to just let it go. no 1 here really wants to think you are a total idiot. how can you possibly think that u c f is doing the big east a big favor here? the nights are 0 and 12 against the big east. they are 1 and 13 against the a c c. I will not even bring up basketball. west virginia has cunt slapped ucf every time they have played. hell, rutgers has done the same. stop being a moron. immediately.

Basketball, hockey, rifle bs.....what is it with you??? You really have a majority of boring interests. I mean you start great, college football, women, beer, but then it goes down fast (faster than UCF) to hockey, basketball and blah blah..........Im drinking wine tonight btw.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 15:53 Mon 10/31/2011

Oh, and the Big Least announcement will be this week. Get ready for an improved conference, after dropping the dead weight who couldn’t seem to bring in BCS points.

Ridiculous. You just can’t stop yourself from talking smack about UCF... who, this year alone, has lost to... do you even want me to go there? ... and I no longer have a dog in this fight.

dude I cannot let this go. I want to let it go but I am unable to just let it go. no 1 here really wants to think you are a total idiot. how can you possibly think that u c f is doing the big east a big favor here? the nights are 0 and 12 against the big east. they are 1 and 13 against the a c c. I will not even bring up basketball. west virginia has cunt slapped ucf every time they have played. hell, rutgers has done the same. stop being a moron. immediately.

Yea, yea, Eric.

Give me a call when WVA can finish better than 9-4 and actually win the Big East again. At least Cincy and UCONN are sticking around, so we get the champions from the last three years.

...and that whopping 0 ranked teams from last year.

You’re worse than Gumby, living in the past. The Big Least’s future is much brighter with UCF, Houston, and Boise than the hillbillies, oranges, and mustaches.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 16:24 Mon 10/31/2011

Yea, yea, Eric.

Give me a call when WVA can finish better than 9-4 and actually win the Big East again. At least Cincy and UCONN are sticking around, so we get the champions from the last three years.

You’re worse than Gumby, living in the past. The Big Least’s future is much brighter with UCF, Houston, and Boise than the hillbillies, oranges, and mustaches.

Better? I suppose if you think that UCF bringing its 1) apathetic fan base 2) facilities that are rarely if ever sold out 3) inability to beat BCS teams 4) inability to beat teams such as FIU, UAB and BYU 5) miniscule tv share to a market dominated by the the major schools and 6) an unblemished record against what will be their geographic rival in Tampa makes the conference better, then rock on. Damn, when you look at it that way, how could the Big East have waited so long to invite UCF? Enjoy 2 years in an AQ conference, that ride will be over in 2013, and yet again, UCF will assume their rightful place amongst the also rans.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 16:50 Mon 10/31/2011

As opposed to being with the never-rans, like MSU.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 16:55 Mon 10/31/2011

Yea, yea, Eric.

Not sure about that, I live in the past quite a bit.

Its just that the past was so fucking awesome its hard to let it go.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 16:59 Mon 10/31/2011

As opposed to being with the never-rans, like MSU.

Right, the "door mat" UCF can’t beat?

Cajun
beers 609 º places 4 º 18:30 Mon 10/31/2011

Originally posted by jzzbassman
With Steven joining the fray, we are getting close to having most of the SEC represented. No one will claim Ole Miss, UGA, UK, or Vandy yet that I’ve seen. Eric will occasionally fill in as a Hawg fan. Suttree needs to poke his head in on behalf of the vols.

Hey, I tell you what, I’ll claim Vandy this weekend when they play Florida.

I still have the utmost disrespect for Florida and Auburn!

And we TAILGATE BETTER THAN OLE MISS!!! (There, it’s out there now... I feel better.)

blipp
beers 14843 º places 219 º 20:27 Mon 10/31/2011

Here’s a PDF of the WVU Complaint filed against the Big East.

beernovice39
beers 3269 º places 250 º 03:49 Tue 11/1/2011

Does anyone smell corn dogs?