College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 226761 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 10:00 Thu 11/3/2011

Oh, SNAP!

UCF vs Tulsa tonight!!!

I know what I’m watching...

DVR’d episodes of "House"

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 10:01 Thu 11/3/2011

I’m making the rounds (Do one "Admin/Beer Day" a week) tonight and plan to be watching this as well.

Do you double post everything, Eric? Mobile phone issue?

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 10:02 Thu 11/3/2011

Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by TheAlum
Originally posted by GodOfThunder
"blah blah blah...West Virginia’s best days are behind them... blah blah blah"

UCF = 13-0
UCF to Big 12

Yeah, I’ll just take your word for it. Damn, I wish WVU had a future.

Ok, scrolling right along...

Dropped markets: Pittsburg, Syracuse, some coal mines.

Added markets: Orlando, Houston, Dallas, Washington D.C., Colorado, some other small mountain town, two of the armed forces, possibly a bunch of Mormons.

Dropped champions during the past 5 years: WVA (once)

Added champions durin the past 5 years: two-time CUSA Champion, future CUSA Champion, reigning WAC champions for the past few years, Fiesta Bowl winners, possibly a bunch of Mormons.

Lost IQ Points: A few, with Pitt and Cuse, and some hillbillies.

Added IQ Points: a growing technological school with a new medical school, service academies, some Texans, possibly a bunch of Mormons

Yea, the Big Least is much worse off...

"A growing technological school"...? Really? Did you really just phrase that like that? You do know "new" medical school means SHIT MEDICAL SCHOOL, right?

Heh. Yeah. How can a University with 50K+ undergraduates be considered a "magnet school" in any way, shape or form? And what were you saying, Adam, about WVU’s and Mississippi State’s academics when compared to UCF’s? Say it again. I want to hear it again... music to my ears...

Mississippi State and WVU are commonly listed as having a higher academic standing than UCF in rankings, degree strength, etc.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 10:55 Thu 11/3/2011

"blah blah blah...West Virginia’s best days are behind them... blah blah blah"

UCF = 13-0
UCF to Big 12

Yeah, I’ll just take your word for it. Damn, I wish WVU had a future.

Ok, scrolling right along...

Dropped markets: Pittsburg, Syracuse, some coal mines.

Added markets: Orlando, Houston, Dallas, Washington D.C., Colorado, some other small mountain town, two of the armed forces, possibly a bunch of Mormons.

Dropped champions during the past 5 years: WVA (once)

Added champions durin the past 5 years: two-time CUSA Champion, future CUSA Champion, reigning WAC champions for the past few years, Fiesta Bowl winners, possibly a bunch of Mormons.

Lost IQ Points: A few, with Pitt and Cuse, and some hillbillies.

Added IQ Points: a growing technological school with a new medical school, service academies, some Texans, possibly a bunch of Mormons

Yea, the Big Least is much worse off...

"A growing technological school"...? Really? Did you really just phrase that like that? You do know "new" medical school means SHIT MEDICAL SCHOOL, right?

Heh. Yeah. How can a University with 50K+ undergraduates be considered a "magnet school" in any way, shape or form? And what were you saying, Adam, about WVU’s and Mississippi State’s academics when compared to UCF’s? Say it again. I want to hear it again... music to my ears...

Mississippi State and WVU are commonly listed as having a higher academic standing than UCF in rankings, degree strength, etc.

Thank you. I just like hearing it.

Yes, mobile phone issues sometimes. The "post to forum" button is much too close to the space bar on my smart phone’s screen. I also see that I’ve posted some grammatical errors and go back and fix them from time to time. I’m anal about that. I’ll work on letting those go.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 20:12 Thu 11/3/2011

Do you think the Big East commissioner is wondering how he ignored UCF for so long after tonight’s performance? I mean, a team that has lost 5 of their last 7 games, a fan base that was noticeably absent and a city that doesn’t give a rat’s ass about their home team? Yep, UCF is sure going to improve the Big East.

Tulsa 24
UCF 17

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 20:19 Thu 11/3/2011

Another non-BCS loss for UCF. I’m not surprised this was bumped before I got to it.. But I appreciate it.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 20:22 Thu 11/3/2011

Another non-BCS loss for UCF. I’m not surprised this was bumped before I got to it.. But I appreciate it.

I had the post written and ready to post as the shitty UCF defense gave up a 17 yard run to seal their fate, yet again.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 20:28 Thu 11/3/2011

Everything is calm here on the Treasure Coast, but word has it that a Hurricane hit Central Florida tonight!

I hope there wasn’t too much damage.

What the heck is a Golden Hurricane, anyway?

I thought "Golden Hurricanes" just got bitch slapped by UVA at home on a regular basis. What’s up with getting blown off your own field by a hurricane from Tulsa?

Weak.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 20:32 Thu 11/3/2011

SCABS!

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 04:57 Fri 11/4/2011

SCABS!

But, but Eric, UCF is bringing so much to the Big East.