College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 227545 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 15:14 Fri 11/11/2011

Originally posted by JoeinEscazú
Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by mgumby10
(sweeping Nevingate under the rug and not looking back)

Miami, Oregon, OSU, PSU, UCF, LSU...

The NCAA needs to hire more staffers.

Don’t forget Missouri. We’re waiting for a ruling on our new basketball coach. Turns out the guy can recruit. With our luck: (a) Haith will have a great season before the NCAA declares him guilty, or (b) he will be as poor a coach as we feared but the NCAA will clear him of wrongdoing.

Lol thank god we flicked the booger over to you guys.

His offensive philosophy of "pass it around the perimeter 4 times and launch a deep 3" will be sorely missed.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 15:37 Fri 11/11/2011

Don’t forget Missouri. We’re waiting for a ruling on our new basketball coach. Turns out the guy can recruit. With our luck: (a) Haith will have a great season before the NCAA declares him guilty, or (b) he will be as poor a coach as we feared but the NCAA will clear him of wrongdoing.

Yeah. It could still be a couple years until the NCAA is finished ruling on Miami... and as Miami goes, so goes Haith.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 15:52 Fri 11/11/2011

Yeah. It could still be a couple years until the NCAA is finished ruling on Miami... and as Miami goes, so goes Haith.

I just checked Miami’s bball schedule and Miami plays at Morgantown Dec. 10th.

I expect a solid Canes vistory, just like the last time we played.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 18:43 Fri 11/11/2011

Must note DeQuan Jones has been suspended for the whole year due to payment of 10k for his commit, good to see the thug U bball team used boosters as well.

Get this BBall talk outta our football thread!

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 19:30 Fri 11/11/2011

If you guys want I could start the College Basketball 2011 Thread in the Ratebeer en Español forum.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 22:12 Fri 11/11/2011

If you guys want I could start the College Basketball 2011 Thread in the Ratebeer en Español forum.

Oh hell no.

There’s no such thing as "the off-season" for college football, but, like last season, there will be weekly RPI ranking updates throughout the basketball season for all teams of interest... in this thread. No one can stop me... unless y’all really just plain hate college basketball and would rather I start another thread for those who care.

I could certainly understand the Auburn fan’s desire for Auburn’s RPI to not be included. I’m pretty certain Auburn didn’t crack the top 250 last season.

War Eagle!

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 22:17 Fri 11/11/2011

I attended the WVU/Miami game last year at Miami’s gymnasium and
can say firsthand that it was not a "solid" Canes victory. We beat ourselves.

However, a Canes victory it was nonetheless. I’ve given you your props.

I fully expect Miami and Mississippi State to beat us this year with nine true freshman on WVU’s roster, however, come Big East tourney time, WVU will be a force to be reckoned with.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 07:08 Sat 11/12/2011

So, the child buttfucker was still scouting/recruiting for Penn State this season!

Not only is this an NCAA violation, because he isn’t a coach anymore, but it further indicts the entire program.

I won’t be surprised if we see a few more indictments. People are going down...

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 10:35 Sat 11/12/2011

Oh hell no.

There’s no such thing as "the off-season" for college football, but, like last season, there will be weekly RPI ranking updates throughout the basketball season for all teams of interest... in this thread. No one can stop me... unless y’all really just plain hate college basketball and would rather I start another thread for those who care.

I could certainly understand the Auburn fan’s desire for Auburn’s RPI to not be included. I’m pretty certain Auburn didn’t crack the top 250 last season.

War Eagle!

Our program has had so many injuries and issues the past 6 years it isn’t funny. Tony Barbee is a great coach in his 2nd year and we got off to a great start last night. Goal of NIT would be great. We had #24 class for the signing period this week, with a great group. I truly have no issue with bball talk.

Gettin’ ready to watch some Dawgs go down!

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 10:38 Sat 11/12/2011

Oh and great 1st half Iowa.

OkieState is fo’ real.