College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 227542 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Cajun
beers 609 º places 4 º 14:12 Fri 11/18/2011

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
Originally posted by Cajun
An LSU loss to Woo Pig Sooie is certainly going to throw a wrench in the whole system.

’Bama beats ARK

LSU beats ’Bama

ARK beats LSU

Each with one loss for the season. I have no illusions about LSU still making the SEC Championship game then. This is a "what have you done for me lately" system. It’s better to lose early than lose late. Not to put anymore bad gris-gris on my Tigers, but we’d better just run the freakin’ table and put all this debate to bed! Va ta coucher!

Better look out for Ole Miss, I really like their effort the past few weeks and Houston Nutt is a genius.

I was originally worried about Ole Miss AND Arkansas....
Just when y’all convinced me to look past Ole Miss (who always seems to give us hell no matter their record) you go and say this? Les Miles has been praising Ole Miss all week. I think we’re going to kick the shit out of them.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 14:43 Fri 11/18/2011

Originally posted by mgumby10
Current top 5 active streaks of a school’s alumni scoring an NFL TD:

Miami (FL) - 149

Pittsburgh - 12

Tennessee - 5

Minnesota - 5

LSU - 4

Virginia - 4

Western Michigan - 4

Again...this is the most underappreciated streak in sports history. Almost unfathomable.

Just trying to inject some life inot this thread on a slow Thursday.

Discuss.

Poor weekend for college matchups... except LSU/Bama. WVU doesn’t even play.

I’m thinking Shady probably scored those five straight touchdowns as a Pitt alum. Am I right? Other than Miami fans, who knows or gives a shit about this? I mean, this is something that could only be on a Miami message board. It’s just not information that’s out there... mainly because only Miami fans would even care.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 14:45 Fri 11/18/2011

Originally posted by hopscotch
Poor weekend for college matchups... except LSU/Bama.

Oops. I forgot that was last weekend. So boring a game that I’ve already forgotten it happened. That’s not a slam, but that was one boring assed game.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 14:47 Fri 11/18/2011

Originally posted by TheAlum
I chose 8-4 for the Hawkeyes.. they can still do that, but it’ll be a tough two final games.

I went with 10-3 for the Mountaineers. It can still happen. Big game for us next Friday night... at home.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 14:49 Fri 11/18/2011

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
Malzahn rumors are in full swing. To UNC as Butch Davis replacement.

I think Malzahn makes a terrible head coach for the program that hires him. Doesn’t have the personality. You heard it here first. If I’m wrong, I’m sure I’ll hear it here first as well. Get back to me in four years.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 14:52 Fri 11/18/2011

Originally posted by TheAlum
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7248953/bcs-proposes-only-handling-national-championship-game-sources-say

Good read on a BCS restructuring/pullback.

Good for conferences with historically strong bowl ties. Bad for Big East and non-AQs (which I rather like)

Why all the hate for the Big East? Just curious. My dog isn’t really in that fight anymore. Did you hate the Big East when Miami was winning championships, Va. Tech became a national name and BC was competitive or did you start hating the Big East after they left and you felt the conference no longer deserved AQ status? I don’t give a shit really, but like I said, I’m curious.

BEER Ice Cider and Mead.... rye and Scotch whiskey.
It’s just that sippin’ time of year.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 14:56 Fri 11/18/2011

Yes... I’m just now catching up with the thread since I’ve been out-of-pocket for the past few days... or maybe it was so quiet around here that I forgot about it. Thanks Gumby.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 16:32 Fri 11/18/2011

Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by mgumby10
Current top 5 active streaks of a school’s alumni scoring an NFL TD:

Miami (FL) - 149

Pittsburgh - 12

Tennessee - 5

Minnesota - 5

LSU - 4

Virginia - 4

Western Michigan - 4

Again...this is the most underappreciated streak in sports history. Almost unfathomable.

Just trying to inject some life inot this thread on a slow Thursday.

Discuss.

Poor weekend for college matchups... except LSU/Bama. WVU doesn’t even play.

I’m thinking Shady probably scored those five straight touchdowns as a Pitt alum. Am I right? Other than Miami fans, who knows or gives a shit about this? I mean, this is something that could only be on a Miami message board. It’s just not information that’s out there... mainly because only Miami fans would even care.

Not a fan of ridiculously incredible sports streaks Starnes?

I know thats not true, you’ve got a Cal Ripken newspaper framed up on your wall in your guest room. Ive passed out numerous times in there so I remember.

Dont let your hate for Miami allow you not to enjoy this.

jzzbassman
beers 1638 º places 30 º 21:39 Fri 11/18/2011

The haters of the dominance of the SEC will have their head explode if the LSU-Bama rematch happens the way it is setting up

How much irony would there be if my dreams came true and Bama won the National Championship this year with 2 major assists from Auburn men in Paul Rhoads ISU team and Tommy Tubberville’s Red Raiders?

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 04:45 Sat 11/19/2011

Originally posted by jzzbassman
The haters of the dominance of the SEC will have their head explode if the LSU-Bama rematch happens the way it is setting up

How much irony would there be if my dreams came true and Bama won the National Championship this year with 2 major assists from Auburn men in Paul Rhoads ISU team and Tommy Tubberville’s Red Raiders?

Shocking loss for the cow pokes. Still some significant football games to play out, but that was certainly one domino to fall for you guys.