College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 227549 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 17:11 Fri 11/25/2011

Originally posted by mgumby10
Originally posted by TheAlum
I don’t usually fawn over teams, but I’ve been nothing short of impressed by this LSU team since game 1.

Bright side of the day: At least my team lost on the road to a ranked team. They could have lost at home to a 3-8 team that even UCF beat.. Golden Age.

You must be miserable rooting for the most boring team in America. Has Iowa ever played a meaningful game in your lifetime? Nobody cares about Iowa, nobody watches Iowa, when Im flipping channels and I see the Iowa game, on I think to myself...holy shit thats gotta be boring, no thanks. You have no tradition, nothing cool about your team or its history, quite frankly its a muppet program.

Now the good news....!!!!!!

Al Golden agrees to 4 year extension through 2020! He’s not going anywhere, CHEESEMAN WAY OFF AGAIN!!!!!

This BC game was a nothing game, playing for nothing, Jacory’s old ways came back, now he’s gone. Time to rebuild this sick ass program back to glory.

Cheese, corn boy, youve never tasted glory, I have, its fucking sweet, and its gonna be better when I eventually get it again!!

Back to being boring Alum!! Go Hawkeyes!!

Such a long response = butthurt.

I enjoy that.

Golden Age, bitch. #.500Seasons

Not surprisingly...boring.

You cant refute anything I say.

I love how your argument hinges so much on "history" when your program is known as being cheaters, being dirty, and their accomplishments largely ignored over multiple decades. Your glory is fake.. And everyone else here laughs at your expense whenever you reference it.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 17:21 Fri 11/25/2011

I don’t usually fawn over teams, but I’ve been nothing short of impressed by this LSU team since game 1.

Bright side of the day: At least my team lost on the road to a ranked team. They could have lost at home to a 3-8 team that even UCF beat.. Golden Age.

You must be miserable rooting for the most boring team in America. Has Iowa ever played a meaningful game in your lifetime? Nobody cares about Iowa, nobody watches Iowa, when Im flipping channels and I see the Iowa game, on I think to myself...holy shit thats gotta be boring, no thanks. You have no tradition, nothing cool about your team or its history, quite frankly its a muppet program.

Al Golden agrees to 4 year extension through 2020! He’s not going anywhere, CHEESEMAN WAY OFF AGAIN!!!!!

This BC game was a nothing game, playing for nothing, Jacory’s old ways came back, now he’s gone. Time to rebuild this sick ass program back to glory.

Cheese, corn boy, youve never tasted glory, I have, its fucking sweet, and its gonna be better when I eventually get it again!!

I enjoy that.

I love how your argument hinges so much on "history" when your program is known as being cheaters, being dirty, and their accomplishments largely ignored over multiple decades. Your glory is fake.. And everyone else here laughs at your expense whenever you reference it.

Largely ignored? ESPN did a 30 for 30 documentary on our awesomeness. I dont see them beating down Iowa’s door to do that. Why? Cause nobody gives a fuck about Iowa. Would be the most boring hour of peoples lives. Love us or hate us, you pay attention to us.

Our swagger, our alums, our rings, our tradition, you hate them all, and envy them all son.

Yeah, I live in the past alot, Ive admitted that many times, I dont give a shit. It was that great of a ride. It’ll be again. Ive got a lot of years left.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 17:38 Fri 11/25/2011

Hillbillies looking great against Pitt, almost Golden like.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 17:54 Fri 11/25/2011

Just wait until the hammer falls, then it will be the Golden Age in Happy Valley. Come back to us once Miami actually wins the ACC.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 17:59 Fri 11/25/2011

I enjoy that.

Largely ignored? ESPN did a 30 for 30 documentary on our awesomeness. I dont see them beating down Iowa’s door to do that. Why? Cause nobody gives a fuck about Iowa. Would be the most boring hour of peoples lives. Love us or hate us, you pay attention to us.

Our swagger, our alums, our rings, our tradition, you hate them all, and envy them all son.

Yeah, I live in the past alot, Ive admitted that many times, I dont give a shit. It was that great of a ride. It’ll be again. Ive got a lot of years left.

The primary focus of the 30 for 30 was the corruption that is Miami. It really is sad Gumby, you embrace a program that sold their soul, and you somehow think that is something to truly be proud of. The U hasn’t been relevant for quite sometime, and there will be no return to the "glory/corruption" days. Ever. Your school lied to your head coach about the investigation, that is the reason for the extension, because it sure as shit wasn’t for wins this year.

And yes, you are butt hurt. The Golden Age, in Happy Valley in 2012.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 18:14 Fri 11/25/2011

Originally posted by TheCheeseMan

I enjoy that.

The primary focus of the 30 for 30 was the corruption that is Miami. It really is sad Gumby, you embrace a program that sold their soul, and you somehow think that is something to truly be proud of. The U hasn’t been relevant for quite sometime, and there will be no return to the "glory/corruption" days. Ever. Your school lied to your head coach about the investigation, that is the reason for the extension, because it sure as shit wasn’t for wins this year.

And yes, you are butt hurt. The Golden Age, in Happy Valley in 2012.

Lol, you still sticking by Al Golden being at Penn St next year after he just signed an extension today pledging his allegiance to coasching the U for years to come? Holy shit your desperate. Just throwing shit against a wall and hoping it sticks.

Did you watch the 30 for 30? It focused on our dominance and swagger. Something youve never tasted, or will ever taste.

You guys keep saying Im living in the past and my team stinks right now. Im not denying any of that. Ive agreed with you millions of times. Its a cycle. Theres too many sick athletes in south florida for us not to eventaully be dominant again. Whether you like it or not Cheese, its coming.

We were nothing in the mid 90’s, like we are now, then what? Total fucking dominance with the sickest team youve ever witnessed.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 18:28 Fri 11/25/2011

Lol, you still sticking by Al Golden being at Penn St next year after he just signed an extension today pledging his allegiance to coasching the U for years to come? Holy shit your desperate. Just throwing shit against a wall and hoping it sticks.

Did you watch the 30 for 30? It focused on our dominance and swagger. Something youve never tasted, or will ever taste.

You guys keep saying Im living in the past and my team stinks right now. Im not denying any of that. Ive agreed with you millions of times. Its a cycle. Theres too many sick athletes in south florida for us not to eventaully be dominant again. Whether you like it or not Cheese, its coming.

We were nothing in the mid 90’s, like we are now, then what? Total fucking dominance with the sickest team youve ever witnessed.

Check list:

1) Miami lied like hell to Golden.
2) Miami is going to get hammered by the NCAA.
3) Penn State will come with a check book 10X deeper than Miami will ever hope to have.
4) Golden is a PSU alum, not a Mimia alum.
5) Golden Age in Happy Valley in 2012, because PSU will be able to pay any buyout clause.
6) Glad you are overjoyed giving a coach a .500 winning percentage such a long extension, that is indeed a great plan to succeed for years to come.

And yes Mike I watched the 30 for 30, so if by swagger and dominance, you mean cheating, corruption and fielding a team of criminals, then yes I agree with your assessment. Face it Mike, the past doesn’t matter any longer, you guys can’t even win your mediocre conference. The athletes have always been in South Florida, too bad there isn’t a program worth a shit in South Florida.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 18:30 Fri 11/25/2011

Check list:

3) Penn State will come with a check book 10X deeper than Miami will ever hope to have.
5) Golden Age in Happy Valley in 2012, because PSU will be able to pay any buyout clause.
6) Glad you are overjoyed giving a coach a .500 winning percentage such a long extension, that is indeed a great plan to succeed for years to come.

And yes Mike I watched the 30 for 30, so if by swagger and dominance, you mean cheating, corruption and fielding a team of criminals, then yes I agree with your assessment. Face it Mike, the past doesn’t matter any longer, you guys can’t even win your mediocre conference. The athletes have always been in South Florida, too bad there isn’t a program worth a shit in South Florida.

Bet on Golden being at Mimai in 2012? Your so sure about it. Box of beer?

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 18:32 Fri 11/25/2011

Check list:

The Golden Age, if Miami’s winning percentage were a batting average, you’d be Hall of Fame material. 6-6, impressive enough for a contract extension.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 18:46 Fri 11/25/2011

Check list:

The Golden Age, if Miami’s winning percentage were a batting average, you’d be Hall of Fame material. 6-6, impressive enough for a contract extension.

Lol, I knew you didnt believe what you were typing. You want no part of that bet.