College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 227472 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 07:43 Fri 12/2/2011

Originally posted by TheAlum
Congrats on winning a conference that every other team in the thread (Except for UCF) could have won (if not won it better/easier). Enjoy your last BCS bowl for awhile (so long as you get out of that wretched conference and the lawsuits don’t keep you in some more time).. I expect nothing less than a beatdown. Cheers.

Iowa would struggle in the Big East or the ACC and I won’t even get into basketball. There’s a reason Iowa is know as a wrestling school.

But, thanks for your cynical, premature congratulations. Cincy has to win on Saturday otherwise, we’ll just go to a regular bowl. Probably the bowl in Charlotte.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:44 Fri 12/2/2011

Originally posted by hopscotch
Congrats on winning a conference that every other team in the thread (Except for UCF) could have won (if not won it better/easier). Enjoy your last BCS bowl for awhile (so long as you get out of that wretched conference and the lawsuits don’t keep you in some more time).. I expect nothing less than a beatdown. Cheers.

Iowa would struggle in the Big East or the ACC and I won’t even get into basketball.

...No proof. No details.

I’ve got games against teams from those conferences to prove you wrong (And a beat down of the ACC Champs just a couple years back). All you’ve got is a Big East pedigree and burning couches to back you up.

And I don’t understand, again, what Basketball, a sport I hate and have always hated, has to do with your team playing in the weakest conference in BCS football. I look forward to watching WVU adjust to the Big 12. Should be fun.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 07:45 Fri 12/2/2011

Iowa would struggle in the Big East or the ACC and I won’t even get into basketball.

...No proof. No details.

Beat Georgia in the 2006 Sugar Bowl
Beat Oklahoma is the 2008 Fiesta Bowl.

Iowa sucks.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:49 Fri 12/2/2011

...No proof. No details.

Iowa sucks.

So your record against the SEC is?

And the Big 12?

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:50 Fri 12/2/2011

And how about the B1G while you are at it..

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 07:57 Fri 12/2/2011

...No proof. No details.

Iowa sucks.

So your record against the SEC is?

And the Big 12?

10-7 against the Big 12
15-68 against the B1G
96-97 against the ACC
51-16 against the MAC
2-11 against the Pac 12
5-1 against the Mountain West
37-7 against CUSA
132-105 against the Big East

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:59 Fri 12/2/2011

The place I use only goes back to 1960 I believe..

http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/teams/wv.shtml

What do you use, Cheese?

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 08:00 Fri 12/2/2011

Just for the record, UCF’s record against the Big East is a stunning 0-12. 3-47 against BCS schools as well.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 08:01 Fri 12/2/2011

The place I use only goes back to 1960 I believe..

http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/teams/wv.shtml

What do you use, Cheese?

College Football Data Warehouse

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 08:03 Fri 12/2/2011

I like that setup there, Cheese.