College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 227505 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 10:24 Wed 12/14/2011

Pitt’s Graham leaving Pitt head coaching position, off to Arizona State.. Man, that’s gonna be 3 coaches in 3 years at Pitt. We were in on the Davis twins in their final round of recruiting.. time to make a call

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 10:55 Wed 12/14/2011

Originally posted by TheAlum
... Man, that’s gonna be 3 coaches in 3 years at Pitt. We were in on the Davis twins in their final round of recruiting.. time to make a call

4 coaches in 3 years... don’t forget the 2 1/2 weeks tenure of Mike Haywood earlier this year. Pitt fired him after he was arrested and charged with a felony for beating up his girlfriend... in front of their child.

Puck Fitt!

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 10:59 Wed 12/14/2011

I’ve said it before and I’m saying it again now. Malzahn = terrible head coach. He probably knows it and took the Arky State job so he wouldn’t embarrass himself on a national level.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 11:01 Wed 12/14/2011

Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by TheAlum
... Man, that’s gonna be 3 coaches in 3 years at Pitt. We were in on the Davis twins in their final round of recruiting.. time to make a call

4 coaches in 3 years... don’t forget the 2 1/2 weeks tenure of Mike Haywood earlier this year. Pitt fired him after he was arrested and charged with a felony for beating up his girlfriend... in front of their child.

Puck Fitt!

You are indeed right! I forgot about that mess from last off season!

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 14:04 Wed 12/14/2011

Wow, Updyke now has a webpage up to help fundraise for his court case. Act quick and you can be the first in your trailer park with a "Free Harvey Updyke" shirt. What a pathetic loser... Linky

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 14:06 Wed 12/14/2011

Originally posted by jzzbassman
I’m hearing Greg Davis for Auburn. I think that would be a smart hire...... although he got run out of Texas I think recent years have shown that it wasn’t his problem.

Interesting, I’ve seen a few names bandied around. Mike Kruzcek is an interesting one for our UCF buds.

Any word on who Bama is looking at?

jzzbassman
beers 1638 º places 30 º 19:07 Wed 12/14/2011

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
Wow, Updyke now has a webpage up to help fundraise for his court case. Act quick and you can be the first in your trailer park with a "Free Harvey Updyke" shirt. What a pathetic loser... Linky

Now now, people in Glass Trailers shouldn’t throw stones. Meet my FAVORITE Aubie Tammy from Finebaum:

jzzbassman
beers 1638 º places 30 º 19:09 Wed 12/14/2011

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
I’m hearing Greg Davis for Auburn. I think that would be a smart hire...... although he got run out of Texas I think recent years have shown that it wasn’t his problem.

Interesting, I’ve seen a few names bandied around. Mike Kruzcek is an interesting one for our UCF buds.

Any word on who Bama is looking at?

No word the Red Elephant Committee is being tight lipped on this one

Don’t laugh.....it would never happen but I’d LOVE to see Mike Shula get a chance. He wasn’t cut out for head coach yet but he is a great offensive mind and an amazing QB coach.

jzzbassman
beers 1638 º places 30 º 19:19 Wed 12/14/2011

Guyute, any word on TJ Yeldon wavering now with Malzahn left, or is that just wishful thinking? One of the Daphne asst coaches was real close with Malzahn and supposedly Gus was really the force behind getting him.

He looked GREAT at the AL-MS game last week....he probably has a better chance at playing immediately at Auburn though. Hoping we get Mike Davis from Georgia.....lots of fans still think we could get Barry Sanders Jr. but I think he will still wind up at Okie Lite.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 21:17 Wed 12/14/2011

Guyute, any word on TJ Yeldon wavering now with Malzahn left, or is that just wishful thinking? One of the Daphne asst coaches was real close with Malzahn and supposedly Gus was really the force behind getting him.

He looked GREAT at the AL-MS game last week....he probably has a better chance at playing immediately at Auburn though. Hoping we get Mike Davis from Georgia.....lots of fans still think we could get Barry Sanders Jr. but I think he will still wind up at Okie Lite.

Daphne, AL has some talent. Pat White, for example. One of the better college QBs ever.