College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 227535 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 09:10 Wed 1/4/2012

I was checking out the Rivals rating for WVU’s 2012 recruits and I honestly have to say that considering we have only one 4-star recruit at the moment, that’s gonna change when Rivals updates.

Even if it doesn’t, I’ve never seen a better collection of 3-Star talent. We usually pull in three or four 4-Star athletes per year, but not this year. Regardless, the Rivals scoring system is 3.8 or higher = 4-star.

WVU has commitments from nine players with a Rivals rating of 3.7. So, basically, we have ten borderline 4-star athletes before the final Rivals update.

Not bad for what is basically a 3-Star class... and not bad for a school from a state with zero high school football talent.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 11:39 Wed 1/4/2012

Hearing a lot of wild stuff about the future with this Pac-12/B1G Partnership..

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 11:40 Wed 1/4/2012

Looks like Ward to old pissssss. We lost another one, likely due to turn of coordinators.

Good luck to WVU Scotchy.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 11:59 Wed 1/4/2012

Originally posted by hopscotch
I was checking out the Rivals rating for WVU’s 2012 recruits and I honestly have to say that considering we have only one 4-star recruit at the moment, that’s gonna change when Rivals updates.

Even if it doesn’t, I’ve never seen a better collection of 3-Star talent. We usually pull in three or four 4-Star athletes per year, but not this year. Regardless, the Rivals scoring system is 3.8 or higher = 4-star.

WVU has commitments from nine players with a Rivals rating of 3.7. So, basically, we have ten borderline 4-star athletes before the final Rivals update.

Not bad for what is basically a 3-Star class... and not bad for a school from a state with zero high school football talent.

Pretty sure after the New Year, recruits don’t see changes in their rating grades.

And while 5.7 is a solid Rivals grade.. it’s not a 4 Star Grade.

I trust when you say 3.# you mean 5.#

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 12:00 Wed 1/4/2012

With that said, ratings differ greatly by site and by evaluator..

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 12:23 Wed 1/4/2012

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
Looks like Ward to old pissssss. We lost another one, likely due to turn of coordinators.

Good luck to WVU Scotchy.

Not with Ward, his brother is already there, he never intended to go anywhere else. He was tsun all the way. Not a done deal, but everything I have read seems to have him going to oxfart.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 13:13 Wed 1/4/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum

Pretty sure after the New Year, recruits don’t see changes in their rating grades.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 13:21 Wed 1/4/2012

Yes. Sorry about that. Rivals 5.8 = 4-star. I’ll take high 3-stars (5.7) every time. Not as huge an attitude and sense of entitlement, but nearly all the physical attributes of a 5.8. I think we all agree Rivals is the most accurate recruiting service available to the general public.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 13:51 Wed 1/4/2012

Hearing a lot of wild stuff about the future with this Pac-12/B1G Partnership..

Like what?

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 15:26 Wed 1/4/2012

Also seems to have merit that Dyer may go with Malzahn to Ark State.