College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 226816 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 06:32 Tue 1/17/2012

Originally posted by TheCheeseMan
Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
Originally posted by jzzbassman
Oversigning....LOL seriously? WS/SP. I would take it more seriously if it wasn’t a fan of Iowa and a fan of Auburn....ya know, glass houses stones et al.

Whatever dude, Bama plays the recruiting games better than anyone.

An Auburn fan criticizing the recruiting tactics of another school? This is indeed some funny shit.

BTW, I will get your box out this week.

I actually thought of it as a slight comment mingled with disgust.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:47 Tue 1/17/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum
Interesting read. Bama: "King of the Oversign Method" I love the comment that Bama will help him find a job while he sits out the year? We’re both going to sign this piece of paper to show how we’ll honor your commitment for next year. WTF? I know many mid-career professionals who can’t find jobs, but this clueless HS kid will land one? Why do they wait until 2 weeks before signing day to tell him, they have so many major prospects still out there and already have 27 commits.

http://m.deadspin.com/5876535/

It’s ridiculous.

Oversigning needs to end. And all the loopholes and work arounds that go along with it..

Every school deals with attrition.. But teams in the SEC can cover those mistakes by utilizing it., AND THEY DO.

Stop whining.

You are a mouthbreathing dolt.

Not only is what he did very close to being against NCAA guidelines.. it effects your team and recruiting beyond. That kid is gonna get screwed in the end.. and you know it.

The SEC West seems to lead the world of oversigning.

It creates an unlevel playing field and furthermore, completely ignores the student athlete part of the equation. Something that I believe the Pac-12 and B1G partnership is going to work on.. especially by likely ending the BCS..

Something needs to be done. Perhaps the SEC should just form their own association to crown their sem-pro champion and leave the rest of the teams to battle for the BCS Championship if they are going to play by different rules..

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 07:21 Tue 1/17/2012

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Originally posted by hopscotch
Though, realistically, we’re going to have to wait at least a year until the new and improved BIG E can get up and running.

You got new right.

SMU is much better than Pitt.
UCF is much better than Cuse.
Boise St. is much better than WVA.

Yes, it is much improved.

You’re the only person on the planet buying that bag of steaming crap. Can’t wait to see the watered-down Big East basketball conference in action next year... or whenever Pitt, Louisville and Syracuse finally bail. The football won’t be much better. Lots more teams, but the quality will still be about the same.

Regardless, it’s your baby now...

Good luck in future BCS bowl games without WVU and Louisville there to bail you out.

... Oh, I’m talking about the conference, not UCF. Just to be clear, "UCF" and "BCS bowl games" should never be used in the same sentence... with the exception of that last one right there.

The first thing you bring up is basketball?

Read the thread title.

Big East: Basketball is vastly more important than football. Sorry J, you fail, again.

This thread: Football is vastly more important than ANYTHING.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 07:23 Tue 1/17/2012

Though, realistically, we’re going to have to wait at least a year until the new and improved BIG E can get up and running.

You got new right.

You are sir, are indeed full of shit.

You’re crazy.
SMU wasn’t even the best team in their division of CUSA, and they destroyed Pitt. Losing Pitt is no big deal.

Cuse is right there with UCF, not going to a bowl. So, half of the new BIG E teams are better than them.

Boise State has been a perennial Top 5 team, and WVA hasn’t.

So, I’m 100% correct saying the new BIG E is much better than the Big Least that is getting dumped.

No sir, you are simply full of shit. Boise State was a media darling, nothing more than paper contender, who will be losing their QB, and will not enter into any real discussions about a title run next season.

Adding SMU and UCF really adds nothing, other than, at best, abject mediocrity. So no J, the big East is not better off, in fact, because of the lackluster additions, they will be losing their AQ status, sorry son, facts are facts.

Fact is, the Big East always has been, and always will be a basketball conference, run by the basketball only schools. So keep dreaming J, UCF once again, will be a shitty team in a shitty conference.

I reference actual results for why the new BIG E is better than the big least, and you reference what you think is going to happen? Actual results versus hypotheticals? Hmmmmm... Stick to the facts.

Boise > WVA
SMU >>>> Pitt
Houston > Cuse
UCF >= Cuse

BIG E is much better off. FACTS.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 07:26 Tue 1/17/2012

Scab football + watered-down basketball = no good TV contract for you.

They dropped Pittsburg, Syracuse, and some hilljacks for Orlando, San Diego, Houston, Dallas, Boise, and the possibility of DC and a national audience in Navy.

Yes, very good TV contract for us.

You guys think I’m delusional? Clearly your heads are lodged in your rectum.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:27 Tue 1/17/2012

You got new right.

You are sir, are indeed full of shit.

You’re crazy.
SMU wasn’t even the best team in their division of CUSA, and they destroyed Pitt. Losing Pitt is no big deal.

Cuse is right there with UCF, not going to a bowl. So, half of the new BIG E teams are better than them.

Boise State has been a perennial Top 5 team, and WVA hasn’t.

So, I’m 100% correct saying the new BIG E is much better than the Big Least that is getting dumped.

No sir, you are simply full of shit. Boise State was a media darling, nothing more than paper contender, who will be losing their QB, and will not enter into any real discussions about a title run next season.

Adding SMU and UCF really adds nothing, other than, at best, abject mediocrity. So no J, the big East is not better off, in fact, because of the lackluster additions, they will be losing their AQ status, sorry son, facts are facts.

Fact is, the Big East always has been, and always will be a basketball conference, run by the basketball only schools. So keep dreaming J, UCF once again, will be a shitty team in a shitty conference.

I reference actual results for why the new BIG E is better than the big least, and you reference what you think is going to happen? Actual results versus hypotheticals? Hmmmmm... Stick to the facts.

Boise > WVA
SMU >>>> Pitt
Houston > Cuse
UCF >= Cuse

BIG E is much better off. FACTS.

...Did you even present facts or just a list of your wishful opinions?

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 08:21 Tue 1/17/2012

Interesting read. Bama: "King of the Oversign Method" I love the comment that Bama will help him find a job while he sits out the year? We’re both going to sign this piece of paper to show how we’ll honor your commitment for next year. WTF? I know many mid-career professionals who can’t find jobs, but this clueless HS kid will land one? Why do they wait until 2 weeks before signing day to tell him, they have so many major prospects still out there and already have 27 commits.

It’s ridiculous.

Oversigning needs to end. And all the loopholes and work arounds that go along with it..

Every school deals with attrition.. But teams in the SEC can cover those mistakes by utilizing it., AND THEY DO.

Stop whining.

Not only is what he did very close to being against NCAA guidelines.. it effects your team and recruiting beyond. That kid is gonna get screwed in the end.. and you know it.

It creates an unlevel playing field and furthermore, completely ignores the student athlete part of the equation. Something that I believe the Pac-12 and B1G partnership is going to work on.. especially by likely ending the BCS..

Something needs to be done. Perhaps the SEC should just form their own association to crown their sem-pro champion and leave the rest of the teams to battle for the BCS Championship if they are going to play by different rules..

Very close means he was within the NCAA guidelines. Face it Adam, this horse is dead, you can stop beating it. We can’t help it that you are so butt hurt.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 08:23 Tue 1/17/2012

Scab football + watered-down basketball = no good TV contract for you.

They dropped Pittsburg, Syracuse, and some hilljacks for Orlando, San Diego, Houston, Dallas, Boise, and the possibility of DC and a national audience in Navy.

Yes, very good TV contract for us.

You guys think I’m delusional? Clearly your heads are lodged in your rectum.

You are delusional, your football wisdom through out the season shows us that.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 08:25 Tue 1/17/2012

It’s ridiculous.

Stop whining.

BTW, I find it funny that an Iowa fan whose football coach seems to have a history of putting kids into the hospital and recruiting drug using/selling thugs would actually have the balls to comment on how another school and/or conference treats a student athlete. Please save your bull shit for someone else.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 08:27 Tue 1/17/2012

You got new right.

You’re the only person on the planet buying that bag of steaming crap. Can’t wait to see the watered-down Big East basketball conference in action next year... or whenever Pitt, Louisville and Syracuse finally bail. The football won’t be much better. Lots more teams, but the quality will still be about the same.

Regardless, it’s your baby now...

Good luck in future BCS bowl games without WVU and Louisville there to bail you out.

... Oh, I’m talking about the conference, not UCF. Just to be clear, "UCF" and "BCS bowl games" should never be used in the same sentence... with the exception of that last one right there.

The first thing you bring up is basketball?

Read the thread title.

Big East: Basketball is vastly more important than football. Sorry J, you fail, again.

This thread: Football is vastly more important than ANYTHING.

Odd, last year you were posting about UCF basketball and that awesome winning streak. And remember, UCF decided to join a shitty conference, adding nothing to mix.