College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 227524 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 18:36 Sat 1/21/2012

Originally posted by TheCheeseMan
Big win on the road tonight. Down by 11 at the half, started the second half on an 18-2 run, held on in OT for the win against Vanderbilt.

Big win today over the Gamecocks, always an easy win in any sport unless it’s baseball. Too bad our BBall program is still a shit-tastic douche poop storm.

Did you get that box off? Too bad you couldn’t
meet up for a few...

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 20:18 Sat 1/21/2012

9 Day break for the Hawkeyes as far as BBall.. big recruiting weekend currently.. Very excited to talk some NSD over the next two weeks.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 06:19 Sun 1/22/2012

Big win over Cincy in OT. That’s a damn good Cincy team, I’ll hand it to them. They are gonna be a tough out in the NCAA tournament.

Big recruiting weekend for WVU football as well. I think we’ve already got one commit. We need a few more to complete the class... it got too big and we had to cut some lower rated kids loose. Also a couple defections due to change in defensive coaching staff. Gotta fill those spots.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 07:48 Sun 1/22/2012

Originally posted by hopscotch
Big win over Cincy in OT. That’s a damn good Cincy team, I’ll hand it to them. They are gonna be a tough out in the NCAA tournament.

Big recruiting weekend for WVU football as well. I think we’ve already got one commit. We need a few more to complete the class... it got too big and we had to cut some lower rated kids loose. Also a couple defections due to change in defensive coaching staff. Gotta fill those spots.

Any of your commits get any ranking bumps? Im too lazy to check.

Miami’s got 31 committed with 7 early enrolled counting towards last year which means we can currently only take 32 kids. We can early enroll up to 9 kids total to count towards last year since we had only 16 kids enroll from last years class. The early enrollment deadline is Jan 25th, so we need two more kids to finish up their classes and enroll early to open up two more spots for this class.

I know we have a couple kids attempting to do it. This will be Al’s foundation class.

jzzbassman
beers 1638 º places 30 º 09:13 Sun 1/22/2012

Originally posted by mgumby10

Miami’s got 31 committed with 7 early enrolled counting towards last year which means we can currently only take 32 kids. We can early enroll up to 9 kids total to count towards last year since we had only 16 kids enroll from last years class. The early enrollment deadline is Jan 25th, so we need two more kids to finish up their classes and enroll early to open up two more spots for this class.

I know we have a couple kids attempting to do it. This will be Al’s foundation class.

Oh, sounds like oversigning to me....better check with TheAlum to make sure Al Golden isn’t evil

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 10:25 Sun 1/22/2012

No comments on the video of Bama guy T-Bagging the passed out LSU fan? This board just isn’t what it used to be...

jzzbassman
beers 1638 º places 30 º 11:11 Sun 1/22/2012

He is a total idiot. Every fan base has them. I’m actually more disappointed that none of the other Bama fans did anything to stop him. Herd mentality is rarely a good thing.

That being said, dude was arrested, lost his job, his name is a punchline....I think he has paid for his sins and then some.

Also not an excuse, but you have to be smarter than getting pass out drunk on Bourbon Street.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 12:19 Sun 1/22/2012

Originally posted by jzzbassman
He is a total idiot. Every fan base has them. I’m actually more disappointed that none of the other Bama fans did anything to stop him. Herd mentality is rarely a good thing.

That being said, dude was arrested, lost his job, his name is a punchline....I think he has paid for his sins and then some.

Also not an excuse, but you have to be smarter than getting pass out drunk on Bourbon Street.

Yeah even my wife commented to me "where is the corn dog’s buddies and how could he be abandoned on Bourbon Street".

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 18:26 Sun 1/22/2012

Originally posted by mgumby10

Not really. A couple kids got bumped up from 3.5 and 3.6 to 3.7, but no new 4-Stars.

Joel Caleb enjoyed his Morgantown visit this weekend. It looks like he’s dropped Georgia from his top four, so now it’s down to Va. Tech, WVU and Ohio State. He’ll probably announce on signing day. We’ll see.

We got a couple commits over the weekend. One linebacker from Texas and safety Nate Smith confirmed his commitment to WVU over South Carolina and Michigan State. Also got a commitment from JUCO offensive tackle Mark Glowinski over Kansas State and NC State. Always nice to take a JUCO kid away from K. State since that’s Bill Snyder’s specialty. Plus, you gotta love a lineman named Glowinski.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 11:27 Tue 1/24/2012

Navy officially joining the NEW BIG E in 2015. Yea, our television contract is going to blow.

Upgrade.