College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 227552 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 20:02 Thu 2/23/2012

Iowa Basketball.. Looking up.. And the #19 recruiting class in the nation coming in next year.. Nice to get a season sweep of Wisconsin.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:35 Sat 2/25/2012

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 05:30 Mon 2/27/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7613809

I like Buzz. He should act more like he’s been there before, but I guess he hasn’t. He’s just having a good time. He hasn’t let Marquette slip since Creen bounced. Marquette’s a hell of a lot better than Indiana. It’s all good. It was a good game. Came down to the final shot.

Mounties can still sneak in and do some damage, but they’ll need to win a couple in the Big East Tournament... and beat Depaul and South Florida to finish the regular season. USF looks to be "for real" and Depaul is no longer a free lunch.

Too young with too tough a schedule.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 05:34 Mon 2/27/2012

No RPI update today. Heading back up to Daytona 500 and hoping for better weather than yesterday.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 08:38 Mon 2/27/2012

Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by MlhopeTC
I’ve got to ask since I’m new and don’t know the history of this group/thread, but why does everyone hate UCF so much? lol

To put it simply: GodOfThunder

Haters gonna hate.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 09:54 Mon 2/27/2012

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
I’ve got to ask since I’m new and don’t know the history of this group/thread, but why does everyone hate UCF so much? lol

To put it simply: GodOfThunder

Haters gonna hate.

Once we link him all the ridiculous stuff you’ve said and actually believed, he’ll understand..

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 12:21 Mon 2/27/2012

No RPI update today. Heading back up to Daytona 500 and hoping for better weather than yesterday.

Big win for the good guys over little brother yesterday! Still gotta finish strong but that win was huge.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 13:33 Mon 2/27/2012

I actually like UCF, took some graduate courses there, and my wife is an alum. I would truly love to see them do well and have gone to a number of football and basketball games. GoT just asks for it sometimes and the sheer ineptitude of the football program is pretty funny.

MlhopeTC
places 20 º 13:54 Mon 2/27/2012

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig

I actually like UCF, took some graduate courses there, and my wife is an alum. I would truly love to see them do well and have gone to a number of football and basketball games. GoT just asks for it sometimes and the sheer ineptitude of the football program is pretty funny.

Yea I’m a pretty big anti-O’leary guy... He continually screws up the program and until he is gone we are destined for only glimpses of what we’d all like the program to be. I mean, come one... this year’s recruiting class took in ZERO 4 start athletes... That is just absurd...

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 18:50 Mon 2/27/2012

And AU gets the signature from 4 star OL Kozan from CO. #2 OL class in the country behind Stanford. 5th 4 star lineman in class. What was looking like a horrid signing day, ended in #10 Rivals ranking with just 21 in the class and not taking into account our all-american FB that transferred with 2 years eligibility. LOL Miami signed 33, I knew they had room but didn’t realize it was that many.

Enough comments have now come out from players that it is pretty clear Mike Dyer was a total cancer for the team. What a shame...