College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 227483 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Beerlando
beers 3343 º places 70 º 07:52 Sun 9/4/2011

Alright hopscotch.....23 is alot to cover. Can this Mountaineer squad do it?

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 07:52 Sun 9/4/2011

Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by TheCheeseMan
Gus Malzahn was coaching high school ball six years ago.

Dana Holgorsen was Mike Leach’s OC at that time.

While at Tulsa, Malzahn’s offense scored 40 fewer points than Dana Hogorsen’s offense when they went head-to-head.

Holgorsen parties much, much harder than Malzahn.

Auburn’s offense didn’t shine until the arrival of Cam Newton.

Case Closed!

Are you already drunk?

Gettin’ there. It’s not the red-eyes. It’s the NyQuil! The label says "Don’t operate a motor vehicle or heavy machinery." It should say "Don’t make any fucking plans!"

It was nice to see Barry Brunetti epicly fail yesterday in his debut with Ol’ Piss. There’s a whole lotta "quit" in that kid.

Brunetti stunk it up, but the whole tsun offense sucked. Pundits have been going on and on about their O-Line being the #2 line in the nation, what a fucking joke. Hell, Southern Illinois has a great shot at taking them.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 07:53 Sun 9/4/2011

Gus Malzahn was coaching high school ball six years ago.

Dana Holgorsen was Mike Leach’s OC at that time.

While at Tulsa, Malzahn’s offense scored 40 fewer points than Dana Hogorsen’s offense when they went head-to-head.

Holgorsen parties much, much harder than Malzahn.

Auburn’s offense didn’t shine until the arrival of Cam Newton.

Case Closed!

Clearly

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 08:03 Sun 9/4/2011

Originally posted by Beerlando

Man, I don’t know. I went with WVU in Pick ’em, but new head coach, new OC (same guy), all new offensive staff. Lost seven starters on defense. Marshall’s pissed because we pulled victory out of the jaws of defeat in the final four minutes last year. But, yeah, we have a lot of offensive talent and Doc Holliday doesn’t have our play book this year, so yeah, I’ll stick by my pick. Eeeeesh!

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 10:08 Sun 9/4/2011

Originally posted by Beerlando

Man, I don’t know. I went with WVU in Pick ’em, but new head coach, new OC (same guy), all new offensive staff. Lost seven starters on defense. Marshall’s pissed because we pulled victory out of the jaws of defeat in the final four minutes last year. But, yeah, we have a lot of offensive talent and Doc Holliday doesn’t have our play book this year, so yeah, I’ll stick by my pick. Eeeeesh!

Starnes Im just curious...

Do you tick away when your tailgating with new brews or do you just buy 6 packs of sessionable stuff to drink?

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 10:09 Sun 9/4/2011

TCU was the biggest loser of the weekend.

Even a win over Boise gets them nothing.

ND and Oregon were also big losers. Oregon is the best the Pac-# has, so they won’t get a chance at the NC now.. Even though it’s only week 1.

If LSU had lost that game, they’d still have a road there.

ND loss is a very bad loss. And they’ve got 2 tough games up next. They lose one (I’d be more convinced that Mich State beats them) and they may as well consider the season a dissappointment

Biggest fail of the day was Purdue coming back being down to Mid Tenn State and storming the field.. Amateurs.

Shaftie
beers 218 º places 8 º 11:31 Sun 9/4/2011

Originally posted by TheAlum
Additionally, I hate that we’ll have to listen about Boise

Let us all rejoice, College Football is here!~

Boomer Sooner!

BBB63
beers 6567 º places 146 º 12:31 Sun 9/4/2011

Enjoy the hate haters, it seems most of you did not even watch the game. USF did not beat ND, they beat themselves. 5 turnovers, 3 of which were in the red zone. Too many dropped passes to count and numerous badly timed penalties leading to extended USF drives. Kelly did not make those mistakes, the players did. His mistake was starting Crist over Rees, a mistake that will doom the season.

But before you go all off on me, I was NOT expecting a 0 or 1 loss season. I said before yesterday they would lose at least 2 if not 3 or 4 this season. Still lacking quality depth at RB, TE, and LB. The impact athletes on D are mostly inexperianced... I also took USF and the spread in the pickem in case you did not notice. I did expect ND to win but the game to be very close. Minus the bad mistakes ND actually played as I expected. USF was was actually not as good as I was led to believe.

Oh, Alum... boy did Iowa crush a weak sister opponent, NOT

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 12:42 Sun 9/4/2011

Originally posted by BBB63
Enjoy the hate haters, it seems most of you did not even watch the game. USF did not beat ND, they beat themselves. 5 turnovers, 3 of which were in the red zone. Too many dropped passes to count and numerous badly timed penalties leading to extended USF drives. Kelly did not make those mistakes, the players did. His mistake was starting Crist over Rees, a mistake that will doom the season.

But before you go all off on me, I was NOT expecting a 0 or 1 loss season. I said before yesterday they would lose at least 2 if not 3 or 4 this season. Still lacking quality depth at RB, TE, and LB. The impact athletes on D are mostly inexperianced... I also took USF and the spread in the pickem in case you did not notice. I did expect ND to win but the game to be very close. Minus the bad mistakes ND actually played as I expected. USF was was actually not as good as I was led to believe.

Oh, Alum... boy did Iowa crush a weak sister opponent, NOT

I hate when people us the excuse "they didnt beat us, we beat ourselves."

Turnovers are part of the game.

Did your running back just fumble the ball when nobody touched him at the goal line? No. He was stripped by a great play from the defense, and alertly another guy picked it up and housed it.

The only play you could maybe make a case for that is when the WR didnt turn around and the ball bounced off his shoulder for the pick.

But...1 mental play shouldnt cost you the game over a team your supposed to have superior talent than.

Also, Kelly acting like a lunatic on the sideline is embarrassing. To verbally abuse and publicly humiliate a kid on national TV for making a mistake is not the way to go. I understand tough coaching, but he goes too far. Its almost on every play.

He’s going to lose those kids eventually and they’ll start to tune him out, or be afraid to play for him in fear of making a mistake.

You dont see any of the other successful college coaches acting like that on the sideline (Saban, Meyer, Bowden, Paterno, Stoops, etc.)

Eventually he’s gonna pull a Woody Hayes.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 12:58 Sun 9/4/2011

Notre Dame is more irrelevant than UCF.

Oh yea, I said it.