College Football Thread 2011 (Actual Season!)

Reads 227508 • Replies 3132 • Started Monday, August 1, 2011 6:47:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 14:53 Sun 9/4/2011

Originally posted by BBB63
Originally posted by TheAlum
Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Notre Dame is more irrelevant than UCF.

Oh yea, I said it.

and you are full of shit

All ND does is walk around with a false sense of entitlement, lose football games, and murder student managers.

ND’s time is over. Deal with it.

at least ND did not try to kill 12 of the players

http://hawkcentral.com/2011/01/25/12-iowa-hawkeye-football-players-hospitalized/

My football program doesn’t have blood on it’s hands.

That’s all that matters to me.

Murderers.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 14:54 Sun 9/4/2011

Face it, Mike.. You walked into this thread upset with your heart on your sleeve.

You got trolled into oblivion and now we are all laughing at how emotional and petty you are coming off as.

We talk football here. When our teams lose, we tell it how it is. If you don’t like the truth, don’t come into the thread.

Be upset at the media for telling you all offseason that ND was gonna be good. It’s pretty sad a team that can recruit just based on name does so poorly.

Honestly did you f**king read my post?

I said... I did not expect this team to be as good as some claimed.

and yes, they BEAT THEMSELVES, period.

Nope, sorry they didn’t. But hey, if that makes you fell better about losing to an un-ranked team on your home opener, then have at it.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 14:56 Sun 9/4/2011

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Notre Dame is more irrelevant than UCF.

Oh yea, I said it.

and you are full of shit

All ND does is walk around with a false sense of entitlement, lose football games, and murder student managers.

ND’s time is over. Deal with it.

at least ND did not try to kill 12 of the players

http://hawkcentral.com/2011/01/25/12-iowa-hawkeye-football-players-hospitalized/

My football program doesn’t have blood on it’s hands.

That’s all that matters to me.

Murderers.

Yep

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 14:58 Sun 9/4/2011

Face it, Mike.. You walked into this thread upset with your heart on your sleeve.

You got trolled into oblivion and now we are all laughing at how emotional and petty you are coming off as.

We talk football here. When our teams lose, we tell it how it is. If you don’t like the truth, don’t come into the thread.

Be upset at the media for telling you all offseason that ND was gonna be good. It’s pretty sad a team that can recruit just based on name does so poorly.

Honestly did you f**king read my post?

I said... I did not expect this team to be as good as some claimed.

and yes, they BEAT THEMSELVES, period.

This might be the best trolling of the year.

When my team loses, I take a day or two off from the thread.

Come back refreshed and ready to talk earnestly.

You’ve already embarrassed yourself here today. But hopefully, that’s some good advice for your next loss.

Almost every team loses at least once every year. We all go through it.

We all don’t get overly emotional on a public internet forum about it though.

BBB63
beers 6567 º places 146 º 15:02 Sun 9/4/2011

Originally posted by TheCheeseMan
Brother, this a thread to talk smack about football games, plain and simple. You want to argue graduation rates, admission standards and all things non-game related, start your own thread. Don’t like it, leave. You want to have some fun and puff your chest out, then rock on, but let’s leave this weak shit out of it.

And yes, yesterday the only stat in your game that matter was the final score. Now ND is exposed for the over-rated team that they are.

so if a starting player was lost for the year due to injury during the warmups than is non-game related because he did not play in that game?

How is that any different then a player you can not recruit who maybe the superior athlete because he can not meet admission standards.

I will remember that for future reference...

Fact is that things like grades and ACT scores do impact COLLEGE football, those damn pesky professor who think the reason for college is to educate.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 15:09 Sun 9/4/2011

Brother, this a thread to talk smack about football games, plain and simple. You want to argue graduation rates, admission standards and all things non-game related, start your own thread. Don’t like it, leave. You want to have some fun and puff your chest out, then rock on, but let’s leave this weak shit out of it.

And yes, yesterday the only stat in your game that matter was the final score. Now ND is exposed for the over-rated team that they are.

so if a starting player was lost for the year due to injury during the warmups than is non-game related because he did not play in that game?

How is that any different then a player you can not recruit who maybe the superior athlete because he can not meet admission standards.

Fact is that things like grades and ACT scores do impact COLLEGE football, those damn pesky professor who think the reason for college is to educate.

Did you go to ND, Mike?

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 15:11 Sun 9/4/2011

We understand, your murderous football team broke your heart, losing to an un-ranked opponent on your home opener.

Fact is, we talk recruiting during recruiting season, and game results during the football season. You have been so owned in this thread is beyond funny.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 15:13 Sun 9/4/2011

Is ND the new UCF in this thread?

BBB63
beers 6567 º places 146 º 15:14 Sun 9/4/2011

Did you go to ND, Mike?

Repeat for the visually impared...
"I will add this caveat, I dislike most Notre Dame alumni and facility. I am fan because they are my local team, much like someone down there may root for FLA, FLA ST, or god forbid Miami (FLA)."

I went to the school of hard knocks... actually my degrees are from the CC of the Air Force (so I attended classes offered by Maryland, Fresno State, Gulf Coast CC and Southern Mississippi)

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 15:15 Sun 9/4/2011

I hope Eric pics up one of these shirts from the WVU game.

Priceless.