College Football Thread 2012

Reads 88264 • Replies 1163 • Started Sunday, March 4, 2012 6:50:38 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 06:45 Fri 9/28/2012

Originally posted by JoeinEscazú
Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Try to hit cask and larder. Food is amazing, and they have some great brew.

Cask & Larder is on my must-do list, and I’ve got a reservation at Ravenous Pig. Meanwhile I’m hearing a slight chance that Redlight could be open this weekend. Also would like to peek into that Taps from Scratch place. Looks interesting.

So there will be plenty to console me should the Tigers lose.

Rumor has it that the new Redlight Redlight may be opening tonight. They are just waiting for the city to do their final checks. Keep checking this thread, Joe. I’ll post in here if it is a sure thing.

I’m not going to be out too much this weekend with my wife feeling bad. I’m going to the game, but not sure when I’ll get to tailgating. If you find the Cigar City tent next to the stadium (near practice field) ask for me or beerlando (bryan harold) He hasn’t been checking in much, but he will be there and will welcome a ratebeer guy.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 09:33 Fri 9/28/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum
And the Pac-12 loses..

...Is college football outside of the SEC down as a whole this year?

I enjoyed it, though Stanford’s O coordinator called a terrible game. I missed the USC game, but can’t fathom how they lost to that team.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 09:45 Fri 9/28/2012

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
And the Pac-12 loses..

I enjoyed it, though Stanford’s O coordinator called a terrible game. I missed the USC game, but can’t fathom how they lost to that team.

Watching Stanford push USC all over the field like they did, I couldn’t imagine them losing to anyone but Oregon in the Pac-10. Washington? I know they had nowhere to go but up when Sarkisian was hired, but I just didn’t imagine they would bite a Top 10 team on the ass so soon.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 10:02 Fri 9/28/2012

And the Pac-12 loses..

Heck, with the exception of about four teams, even the SEC is down this year. A lot of narrow escapes by BCS teams playing non-BCS teams this season. The season is young and therefore, the majority of non-conference games for BCS teams has been against non-BCS teams.

Check out these BCS conference records against non-BCS competition so far this season:

ACC: 20-0 (surprising, I suppose)
Big 12: 20-2
SEC: 24-2
Big 10: 17-7
Big East: 11-3
Pac 12: 17-6

Parity, brother!

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 14:19 Fri 9/28/2012

What a downer of a weekend in college land. Baylor should not even be rated, I’m looking for the hilljacks to show life on the defensive side. It may be tough, as you should walk down the field on Baylor leaving little rest for your d..

Can UCF sell out their stadium? Knights by 10.

MlhopeTC
places 20 º 15:16 Fri 9/28/2012

What a downer of a weekend in college land. Baylor should not even be rated, I’m looking for the hilljacks to show life on the defensive side. It may be tough, as you should walk down the field on Baylor leaving little rest for your d..

I actually don’t like that we are favored and that people are picking us to win. These are the types of games O’Leary always manages to blow...

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 16:06 Fri 9/28/2012

I wouldn’t count on WVU’s defense to stop air right now.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 05:23 Sat 9/29/2012

Week 5, engage

OrlGamecock
05:44 Sat 9/29/2012

Cocks sleep walk through Kentucky, only win by 28

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 06:40 Sat 9/29/2012

WTF HOPSCOTCH???