College Football Thread 2012

Reads 88274 • Replies 1163 • Started Sunday, March 4, 2012 6:50:38 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 15:42 Sat 9/29/2012

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
I was booing. I wasn’t booing the players, I was booing the coaches. We’ve screwed up like that for years. Our coaches deserve to be boo’d for that shit.

I am sure the players can tell the difference. Gamecock hit the nail on the hand, saying what I have said for multiple years, UCF has no fan base and they proved it again today.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 15:54 Sat 9/29/2012

Where’s cheese?

Oh yeah, he’s SUCKIN IT!!!!

MlhopeTC
places 20 º 16:28 Sat 9/29/2012

Originally posted by OrlGamecock
Originally posted by MlhopeTC
UCF breaks my heart again... O’Leary showed he isn’t even close to ready for coaching in BCS games... And the coaching staff didn’t even come close to preparing the team enough for game management situations... Bummer... But we are 2-2, which is where I expected us to be after week 5. At least redlight redlight is open again and is a bike ride from my house now!

The players on the field for UCF were very good players, but not very well coached, and your game plan sucked. Your qb looks pretty decent and the one rb, #8, looked really good to me, just ran backwards way too many times, which should be coached out of them really quickly. Also, our whole game plan was to beat mizzou with RBs and tight ends catching short passes, and getting a few yards in space... UCF rarely threw to either and it dominated their d last week.

Mizzou came out slow and looked tired and beat from the start, it was friggin hot out and I think the bit of rain cooled it down for them to play a bit better in the 2nd half.

Also, UCF, your fans are weak and you need, what spurrier called, a culture change before you start winning. I left a bit early, 5 mins left, by there were people leaving at the end of the 3rd quarter, and the stadium started empty. You guys had the chance to beat a BCS foe and your fans came up lame, and gave little to no home field advantage. Your student section wasn’t even full, and they get into the games free. Oh and you guys boo way to damn much, they’re out there working their asses off in 100 degree hell that it was today, and it seemed like every other drive your fan base was booing your team. I know the fans on th board here are not these types, and it must suck for you guys to see what could become a good program being hindered by crappy fans.

Yea our attendance was weak today... I was not happy about that. It actually pissed me off a bit. But at the same time, we’ve been dealing with years of O’Leary letting us down in these kinds of games so I understand some people choosing to go to the bar in the AC and watch instead. I think there were some appropriate boos (like not having the 2pt conversion team ready to go and burning that timeout...) but definitely some when I don’t think it should have happened. Our fans definitely have an issue with leaving early sometimes but today the heat had at least something to do with it. Not sure where you were sitting, but I was dyingggg by halftime. Bottom line, we showed today that we aren’t were we need to be and the coaching staff isn’t teaching the guys what they need to know for bigger games like this. I’ll agree part of our issue is culture, but a huge part is the coaching and recruiting staff and the fact that GOL has been in place for soooo long with these same results minus a season carried by a stud player here or there... It’s hard to get excited for a program that continually lets you down.

Anyways, ending my rant. To redlight I go to drown my sorrows!

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 16:33 Sat 9/29/2012

Our attendance was shitty because the cheapest ticket for the game today was over $40. Our marketing and sales people are morons who thought this would be a huge draw, and it wasn’t.

MlhopeTC
places 20 º 16:49 Sat 9/29/2012

Our attendance was shitty because the cheapest ticket for the game today was over $40. Our marketing and sales people are morons who thought this would be a huge draw, and it wasn’t.

Yea that wasn’t the best call either... I had a few friends try to scalp tickets before the game and everyone was asking face value... Then after kickoff they got in for $20 a ticket. I’m sure plenty of people just said eff this and went to the bars.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 17:52 Sat 9/29/2012

Originally posted by mgumby10
Where’s cheese?

Oh yeah, he’s SUCKIN IT!!!!

Bye week fool.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 17:53 Sat 9/29/2012

You act is if this prevented a sell-out, those rarely if ever happen for a UCF home game. Yep GoT, the Big East sure improved their lot with the addition of UCF.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 17:54 Sat 9/29/2012

UCF breaks my heart again... O’Leary showed he isn’t even close to ready for coaching in BCS games... And the coaching staff didn’t even come close to preparing the team enough for game management situations... Bummer... But we are 2-2, which is where I expected us to be after week 5. At least redlight redlight is open again and is a bike ride from my house now!

The players on the field for UCF were very good players, but not very well coached, and your game plan sucked. Your qb looks pretty decent and the one rb, #8, looked really good to me, just ran backwards way too many times, which should be coached out of them really quickly. Also, our whole game plan was to beat mizzou with RBs and tight ends catching short passes, and getting a few yards in space... UCF rarely threw to either and it dominated their d last week.

Mizzou came out slow and looked tired and beat from the start, it was friggin hot out and I think the bit of rain cooled it down for them to play a bit better in the 2nd half.

Also, UCF, your fans are weak and you need, what spurrier called, a culture change before you start winning. I left a bit early, 5 mins left, by there were people leaving at the end of the 3rd quarter, and the stadium started empty. You guys had the chance to beat a BCS foe and your fans came up lame, and gave little to no home field advantage. Your student section wasn’t even full, and they get into the games free. Oh and you guys boo way to damn much, they’re out there working their asses off in 100 degree hell that it was today, and it seemed like every other drive your fan base was booing your team. I know the fans on th board here are not these types, and it must suck for you guys to see what could become a good program being hindered by crappy fans.

Yea our attendance was weak today... I was not happy about that. It actually pissed me off a bit. But at the same time, we’ve been dealing with years of O’Leary letting us down in these kinds of games so I understand some people choosing to go to the bar in the AC and watch instead. I think there were some appropriate boos (like not having the 2pt conversion team ready to go and burning that timeout...) but definitely some when I don’t think it should have happened. Our fans definitely have an issue with leaving early sometimes but today the heat had at least something to do with it. Not sure where you were sitting, but I was dyingggg by halftime. Bottom line, we showed today that we aren’t were we need to be and the coaching staff isn’t teaching the guys what they need to know for bigger games like this. I’ll agree part of our issue is culture, but a huge part is the coaching and recruiting staff and the fact that GOL has been in place for soooo long with these same results minus a season carried by a stud player here or there... It’s hard to get excited for a program that continually lets you down.

I actually agree with your analysis here. What is O’Leary’s buy-out value?

MlhopeTC
places 20 º 20:38 Sat 9/29/2012

Originally posted by CheesedMan

I actually agree with your analysis here. What is O’Leary’s buy-out value?

Apparently too high... His contract is up after the 2013 season, and sitting through this until then sounds horrible to me, but my guess is they will just wait that out. Hopefully they don’t hire from within to replace him and they just get a fresh start. Only time will tell.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 22:36 Sat 9/29/2012

LOL @ a school that can’t sell an "over $40 regular ticket"