College Football Thread 2012

Reads 88268 • Replies 1163 • Started Sunday, March 4, 2012 6:50:38 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 09:12 Mon 5/7/2012

Shits about to get real..

Big 12 raiding ACC? ACC Raiding Big East?

Big East hitting the dust..

It’s all starting up again, folks..

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 09:15 Mon 5/7/2012

Originally posted by mgumby10
My honest prediction for next year:

@ Boston College - Win
@ Kansas St - Loss
Bethune Cookman - Win
@ Georgia Tech - Win
NC State - Win
@ Notre Dame - Loss
North Carolina - Win
Florida State - Loss
Virginia Tech - Loss
@ Virginia - Loss
South Florida - Win
@ Duke - Win

It’ll be a rough year for us transitioning into Golden’s young players and removing Shannon’s old underachievers. We have 30-33 freshman coming in this year depending on qualifiers. We’ll have one of the youngest teams in the country this year. That doesnt translate to wins usually. I predict 7-5 with a possibility of 6-6.

We’re still 2-3 years away, but moving in the right direction. Once golden can get all his own players in there and let his staff develop them, wins will come. he is already recruiting well, and that is the first step.

GOLDEN AGE

My own team will have a rough year this season.. possibly starting 5-0, yet quickly falling to 7-5 (Maybe 8-4) for the season.

Lots of graduation and attrition has hit our DLine and RB Depth hard.

Our last 3 recruiting classes (including current one - hit on 8 recruits in April - That means you are getting your first choice kids) are going to shine.. but this year we will need to bridge that gap.. and keep the recruiting strong despite a likely more dissappointing overall record.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 12:46 Mon 5/7/2012

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 13:58 Mon 5/7/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum

Have you seen anything other than message board rumors regarding FSU/Clemson to Big 12? I don’t understand the logic of those two programs moving.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 14:06 Mon 5/7/2012

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig
Originally posted by TheAlum

Have you seen anything other than message board rumors regarding FSU/Clemson to Big 12? I don’t understand the logic of those two programs moving.

It does not seem to make any sense.. but those are major programs that might think a weakness in SOS (With it entering the BCS formula agian) could be coming for the ACC..

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 12:03 Tue 5/8/2012

I don’t think there will be further conference realignment until the end of this season... if even then, and that will only occur if UCONN and/or Louisville jump from the sinking Big East ship and/or the new Big XXII commissioner ignores Oklahoma’s and Texas’ desire for the Big XXII to stay at ten teams and extends two more invitations.

Otherwise, I think the BCs conferences are done for a while.

Now, the little fish like C-USA, MWC, WAC, etc., they’ll keep doing whatever they can to remain competitive... and they will fail.

Sad, actually.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 12:21 Tue 5/8/2012

Originally posted by OrlGamecock
When you look at the games individually and don’t look at that little stretch of UGA, LSU, Florida, Tennessee, Arkansas we should only lose to LSU, and odds are preseaons, we will be favored in all but the LSU game.

Unfortunately, it’s totally unrealistic and somewhat dissociative to think a lengthy stretch of tough, SEC conference games can be dismantled or detached and simply considered a bunch of one-game seasons. There’s too much emotional (and physical) carryover from one game to the next, especially when you’re talking about kids.

At all times, during that lengthy stretch of high-energy, emotionally-charged SEC games, South Carolina will have eleven kids on the field trying to out-hustle, out-work, out-physical and out-run another SEC school’s eleven heavily-recruited, well-coached kids. To not recognize or acknowledge that is to not believe the SEC is all that good a conference and that’s not the song you normally sing. All teams (even the most recent national champion) lose at least one of those games... usually two; sometimes three.

Is South Carolina going to win the national championship this season? If you think so, say so. Nothing wrong with that.

Vanderbilt, in Nashville (as South Carolina’s first game of the season), will not be an easy win. Remember I mentioned that.

Good luck, though.

OrlGamecock
20:54 Tue 5/8/2012

Cocks pick up huge QB recruit in Connor Mitch 4 stars, we beat out Bama and LSU for him... Spurrier went as far to send the kid a letter saying him committing would likely add a few years to his stint at USC.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 21:39 Tue 5/8/2012

Originally posted by OrlGamecock
Cocks pick up huge QB recruit in Connor Mitch 4 stars, we beat out Bama and LSU for him... Spurrier went as far to send the kid a letter saying him committing would likely add a few years to his stint at USC.

I was starting to wonder about the ol’ ball coach’s ability to yank in a raw, but promising QB with lost of upside. Coaching up three and four star QBs had always been his forte. I guess Spurrier hasn’t lost it after all.

However, always beware of QBs with two first names. Yeah, Jeff George and Stephen Garcia, I’m staring straight at you two.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 06:20 Wed 5/9/2012

Originally posted by hopscotch
I don’t think there will be further conference realignment until the end of this season... if even then, and that will only occur if UCONN and/or Louisville jump from the sinking Big East ship and/or the new Big XXII commissioner ignores Oklahoma’s and Texas’ desire for the Big XXII to stay at ten teams and extends two more invitations.

Otherwise, I think the BCs conferences are done for a while.

Now, the little fish like C-USA, MWC, WAC, etc., they’ll keep doing whatever they can to remain competitive... and they will fail.

Sad, actually.

The Big E is fine, and will be stronger. Marinara was a horrible commish, and if WVA were still in the conference, they would be applauding his firing. He was a fool.