College Football Thread 2012

Reads 88266 • Replies 1163 • Started Sunday, March 4, 2012 6:50:38 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

OrlGamecock
06:35 Wed 5/9/2012

Oh and grats to Miami, odds are we back of Kevin Olsen and they get him. They probably would have gotten him anyway though.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 10:53 Wed 5/9/2012

Originally posted by OrlGamecock
Oh and grats to Miami, odds are we back of Kevin Olsen and they get him. They probably would have gotten him anyway though.

He was coming to Miami regardless, but this solidifies it. Probably within the next couple of weeks.

Golden doing work.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 18:56 Wed 5/9/2012

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
Originally posted by hopscotch
I don’t think there will be further conference realignment until the end of this season... if even then, and that will only occur if UCONN and/or Louisville jump from the sinking Big East ship and/or the new Big XXII commissioner ignores Oklahoma’s and Texas’ desire for the Big XXII to stay at ten teams and extends two more invitations.

Otherwise, I think the BCs conferences are done for a while.

Now, the little fish like C-USA, MWC, WAC, etc., they’ll keep doing whatever they can to remain competitive... and they will fail.

Sad, actually.

The Big E is fine, and will be stronger. Marinara was a horrible commish, and if WVA were still in the conference, they would be applauding his firing. He was a fool.

This is actually true... except that the Big East is fine and stronger.

We’re gone and I’m still happy. Marinara was a pussy with no vision.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 14:14 Thu 5/10/2012

Louisville AD has informed the Big LEast that it is planning to leave per CBSSports

OrlGamecock
18:10 Thu 5/10/2012

Annnnnd today the cocks pick up 3 more recruits today

LB/DE Devin Washington (Orlando Nike Camp DLine MVP)
OLB/DE David Johnson (Altanta Area MVP Camp Dline MVP)
CB Pharoh Cooper

That puts us up to 15 commits and our class is looking VERY strong. Now we will go after some huge names and try to finish out our class this summer.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 09:25 Fri 5/11/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum
Louisville AD has informed the Big LEast that it is planning to leave per CBSSports

Didn’t see that coming. lol. They lobbied like crazy to get out of that Big East mess when we did. I hope they’re jumping to the Big XXII so that WVU can have at least one conference opponent we don’t have to fly over 1,000 miles to play every two years.

What this means to UCF is that the Big East has lost yet another program that actually matters.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 15:05 Fri 5/11/2012

Didn’t see that coming. lol. They lobbied like crazy to get out of that Big East mess when we did. I hope they’re jumping to the Big XXII so that WVU can have at least one conference opponent we don’t have to fly over 1,000 miles to play every two years.

What this means to UCF is that the Big East has lost yet another program that actually matters.

LOL Boise St. now having second thoughts on joining.

Welcome to the new Conference USA J.

Giggle.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 15:12 Fri 5/11/2012

Originally posted by mgumby10

Welcome to the new Conference USA J.

New... and improved.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:27 Tue 5/15/2012

May 15th.. fast forward 3 months would be nice, eh?

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 08:12 Tue 5/15/2012

Filler piece to read and fight about..

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3842161