College Football Thread 2012

Reads 88261 • Replies 1163 • Started Sunday, March 4, 2012 6:50:38 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 17:59 Sat 7/7/2012

Good god, what a slow part of the year. Football season cant get here fast enough.

Still basking in the glory of the Heat’s championship and the Ray Allen signing yesterday, but damn Im bored right now.

This thread is showing the signs of the offseason.

SHIG
admin
beers 13063 º places 502 º 22:38 Sat 7/7/2012

Don’t know if this link will work, but looks like Syracuse will have a tough road this year. http://mobile.syracuse.com/advsyra/pm_33010/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=hsLuE298&rwthr=0

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 08:52 Sun 7/8/2012

Originally posted by SHIG
Don’t know if this link will work, but looks like Syracuse will have a tough road this year. http://mobile.syracuse.com/advsyra/pm_33010/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=hsLuE298&rwthr=0

The ’cuse will have another tough year, because they cannot compete in recruiting. Some tough non-conference games, but you guys should be able to compete for the Big Least each year. What the hell is wrong with your program, I think they have had only one winning season in the last decade?

This piece is just must more sour grapes, saying the SEC doesn’t schedule tough non-conference games is ignorant. LSU played Oregon and West Virginia last year. Bama played PSU last year and now Michigan. Auburn has played Clemson three years in a row. Old Piss sucks, but they play Texas this year. The SEC also adds in the Aggies and Mizzou now, people need to just shut up about SEC schedules.

SHIG
admin
beers 13063 º places 502 º 13:37 Sun 7/8/2012

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig

The ’cuse will have another tough year, because they cannot compete in recruiting. Some tough non-conference games, but you guys should be able to compete for the Big Least each year. What the hell is wrong with your program, I think they have had only one winning season in the last decade?

This piece is just must more sour grapes, saying the SEC doesn’t schedule tough non-conference games is ignorant. LSU played Oregon and West Virginia last year. Bama played PSU last year and now Michigan. Auburn has played Clemson three years in a row. Old Piss sucks, but they play Texas this year. The SEC also adds in the Aggies and Mizzou now, people need to just shut up about SEC schedules.

We recruit bodies not talent it seems. Location and available in state talent also play a factor as we aren’t good enough to persuade kids to stay in state or travel that far north. We won a bowl game in 2010 and started strong until blowing our wad all in that WV game last year. If it wasn’t for basketball these days no one would even know where Syracuse is, unless you remember back to the storied days of the program.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 14:17 Sun 7/8/2012

Originally posted by Guyute_Pig

We recruit bodies not talent it seems. Location and available in state talent also play a factor as we aren’t good enough to persuade kids to stay in state or travel that far north. We won a bowl game in 2010 and started strong until blowing our wad all in that WV game last year. If it wasn’t for basketball these days no one would even know where Syracuse is, unless you remember back to the storied days of the program.

Ahh, the McNabb days... Yeah I have nothing against the program, just seems they could be a little more competitive. I think it will be ugly this year.

mgumby10
beers 1856 º places 47 º 09:48 Mon 7/9/2012

Used to love the old Miami Syracuse rivalry in the Big East.

Its true, the days of the McNabb’s, the Dwight Freeney’s, the Marvin Harrison’s, the Keith Bullock’s seem long gone.

SHIG
admin
beers 13063 º places 502 º 14:51 Mon 7/9/2012

Originally posted by mgumby10

Used to love the old Miami Syracuse rivalry in the Big East.

Its true, the days of the McNabb’s, the Dwight Freeney’s, the Marvin Harrison’s, the Keith Bullock’s seem long gone.

Those were some great years. Doing some research it appears that McNabb only had two scholarship offers Nebraska and Syracuse. His choice of SU was based on also being able to play basketball and not sitting behind Tommie Frazier for at least two years. So it seems we got lucky with that one.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 07:02 Tue 7/10/2012

Awful article that you can waste your time with on a Tuesday morning..

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2012/7/6/3138945/your-bcs-team-as-a-drug#storyjump

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 07:14 Tue 7/10/2012

Yeah, the Heat championship is wearing off. Nothing to watch. Just about all caught up on the few TV shows I watch... with the exception of seasons 1 and 2 of Sherlock and season two of Walking Dead.

Blah.

Well, at least we snagged a Rivals 5.7 RB in Zaire Williams yesterday from Iowa, Wisconsin and Purdue.

Still, I need more... football.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 11:26 Tue 7/10/2012

Originally posted by hopscotch
Yeah, the Heat championship is wearing off. Nothing to watch. Just about all caught up on the few TV shows I watch... with the exception of seasons 1 and 2 of Sherlock and season two of Walking Dead.

Blah.

Well, at least we snagged a Rivals 5.7 RB in Zaire Williams yesterday from Iowa, Wisconsin and Purdue.

Still, I need more... football.

Was pretty sure he was going there. 2 visits to WVU.. none to Iowa.