College Football Thread 2012

Reads 88275 • Replies 1163 • Started Sunday, March 4, 2012 6:50:38 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 16:42 Fri 3/16/2012

MIZZ-WHO??? What was that about the Big 12 deserving a 1 seed??

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 16:50 Fri 3/16/2012

I take it all back. Mizzou sucks. But the did make it to tha actual NCAA tourney. Wait Iowa st won and I didn’t see any slander on that. Guess pick/choose your battles.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 17:01 Fri 3/16/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum
MIZZ-WHO??? What was that about the Big 12 deserving a 1 seed??

Stupid GD MizzWHo!!! Bracket in the trash. Arggghhhhh!

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 19:53 Fri 3/16/2012

Originally posted by SHIG
I take it all back. Mizzou sucks. But the did make it to tha actual NCAA tourney. Wait Iowa st won and I didn’t see any slander on that. Guess pick/choose your battles.

Once again, Iowa State really doesn’t matter to me.. I didn’t grow up in Iowa. It’s not a rivalry or hated school for me.

Other B1G schools are.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 19:53 Fri 3/16/2012

Plus, wasn’t Iowa State the higher seed? UCONN wasn’t a good seed for a reaosn..

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 22:30 Fri 3/16/2012

I don’t see how an Iowa alumni can’t dislike another in state school or claim them as not being a rival. How about Michigan as a top tier representative of the B1G? Course i digress since its tough to talk shit with people that’s team didn’t make it to the dance.

Other highlights of the day i liked was seeing Duke knocked out and by theory reduces the worth of UNCs #1 seed. Also throw in USFs run as a play in team which makes the wife happy. Once again the craziness that is the final four has given Cinderella stories the glass slipper for the day.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 06:32 Sat 3/17/2012

Originally posted by SHIG
I don’t see how an Iowa alumni can’t dislike another in state school or claim them as not being a rival. How about Michigan as a top tier representative of the B1G? Course i digress since its tough to talk shit with people that’s team didn’t make it to the dance.

Other highlights of the day i liked was seeing Duke knocked out and by theory reduces the worth of UNCs #1 seed. Also throw in USFs run as a play in team which makes the wife happy. Once again the craziness that is the final four has given Cinderella stories the glass slipper for the day.

They are a rival.. but once again, not living or growing up in Iowa, nor having any connection to the state.. I didn’t grow up with it. It doesn’t matter to me like the kids that live there, grew up there, have friends and family that are fans of the other school.

I only know a couple Iowa State fans.. and that’s strictly from this site.

Once again, I care about rivalries with other B1G schools a lot more.. because I know so many people that went to those schools.. This isn’t rocket science.

Michigan wasn’t a top tier representative.. they were like the #4 B1G team.. Mizzou was the best the Big 12 has..

SHIG
admin
beers 13064 º places 502 º 07:14 Sat 3/17/2012

Michigan was regular season co-champs in the B1G. I still believe Kansas is the best team in Big 12. I do not lay a ton of merit on conference tournaments champs because some of those teams have more to lose than top seeds. Basketball is so different to football in that regards. Look at how many of the #1 and #2 seeds came into the final four with loses. Body of work usually makes the difference, but other than losing one elite eight pick yesterday I’m not doing bad pick wise. How about everyone else?

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 11:22 Sat 3/17/2012

I picked South Florida to beat Temple. Happy about that. So, far, I’ve lost zero teams from my Elite Eight... and in this day and age of parity; after even only one round, that’s saying a lot.

MlhopeTC
places 20 º 14:11 Sat 3/17/2012

I picked South Florida to win as well. Although my elite 8 isn’t doing as well as yours...