College Football Thread 2012

Reads 88278 • Replies 1163 • Started Sunday, March 4, 2012 6:50:38 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 04:29 Sun 9/9/2012

Originally posted by SHIG
Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by SHIG
’Cuse covered the spread. Unfortunately I was called into work and miss the game. With our defense only given up 40+ a game we should be setting pretty in the old Big East when conference play starts. We know most of those teams can’t score 20.

This is actually true.

Well, I don’t know. Louisville & Cincy are both looking pretty good... and I like Butch Jones.

You’ll beat Pitt, no problem... Temple, UCONN & Rutgers too. ’Cuse is pretty much on par with USF at this point. Should be a good game.

We better beat USF, so I can have bragging rights for a long time in my house. Lots of upsets today, which screwed my fantasy picks!

Speaking of USF. I can’t believe they pulled that win out of their ass yesterday. Get curbstomped by Nevada all day, and manage to pull off a hail mary to win. I hate those fuckers.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 06:33 Sun 9/9/2012

Originally posted by GodOfThunder
UL Monroe giving The Hogs all they can handle. Tied it up at 28 with less than a minute left.

I’m going to have to change my prediction for Cheese’s dogs. Looks like, with the exception of Bama, the SEC isn’t as tough this year.

You of all people really shouldn’t criticize other conferences as not being good.

Another BCS opponent, another UCF loss.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 07:15 Sun 9/9/2012

Originally posted by TheCheeseMan
UL Monroe giving The Hogs all they can handle. Tied it up at 28 with less than a minute left.

I’m going to have to change my prediction for Cheese’s dogs. Looks like, with the exception of Bama, the SEC isn’t as tough this year.

You of all people really shouldn’t criticize other conferences as not being good.

You’re right about Jj not criticizing other conferences, but he’s right about the SEC looking pretty pedestrian so far in 2012, with the exception of about five teams.

Well, it looked like Mizzou had themselves a nice win in their first SEC game yesterday, even mid-way through the 3rd quarter, but then Georgia really woke up!

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 07:23 Sun 9/9/2012

The only thing that beat us on their offense was their quarterback running. He couldn’t throw worth a damn, and they had no regular running game against us, even before the RB injury. We simply refused to put somebody on the QB, and he ran free.

Yeah, this is what I was saying earlier. Braxton Miller can’t throw worth a damn. Neither could Terrell Pryor, but both were forced to be pocket passers. Tressel was a moron and so was the interim coach last year.

How badly does Terrell Pryor wish he had either chosen WVU (we were his top choice until Rich Rod and his read-option offense bolted) or graduated high school this year to play for The Pontiff at OSU?

... and, yeah, UCF could have a pretty good year in C-USA as it looks like the rest of the conference is really shitty this season and UCF is looking better than usual.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 07:27 Sun 9/9/2012

Well, it looked like Mizzou had themselves a nice win in their first SEC game yesterday, even mid-way through the 3rd quarter, but then Georgia really woke up!

We were only down by 4 when Pinkel called that absurd fake punt on 4th and 11. We were hardly able to rush anyone 11 yards last night, let alone a goddamn punter. Sucked the life out of the team and the crowd when it failed, and then Georgia really took control.

So a good coach made a dumb call.

Having said that: Georgia was clearly the better team; our defense was punching well above its weight for three quarters. Looked like an SEC defense, minus the depth.

Guyute_Pig
beers 103 º places 48 º 07:52 Sun 9/9/2012

Luckily I’m going to Brewgrass next Saturday and won’t have to watch that AU offense. I need two weeks to recover. My eyes are still bleeding from watching that pathetic qb performance yesterday.

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 08:55 Sun 9/9/2012

You’re right about Jj not criticizing other conferences, but he’s right about the SEC looking pretty pedestrian so far in 2012, with the exception of about five teams.

Honestly, every conference looks a little down this year. I’ve never seen so many upsets, 1AA (yea, I still call them that) teams winning, and overall sloppy play. I really think everyone needs to start getting used to this, though. We’ve seen increasing parity every year, and it will only continue. There are more and more good players, and less scholarships to give away.

The SEC is still the premier conference, and will continue to be, but they look down so far. Cheese needs to stop projecting his inferiority complex on the whole conference. I’m not talking trash about the SEC, just stating a fact that they look down.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 11:28 Sun 9/9/2012

The B1G looks awful this year.. ill give the thread that. Worst I’ve ever seen..

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 13:56 Sun 9/9/2012

Honestly, every conference looks a little down this year. I’ve never seen so many upsets, 1AA (yea, I still call them that) teams winning, and overall sloppy play. I really think everyone needs to start getting used to this, though. We’ve seen increasing parity every year, and it will only continue. There are more and more good players, and less scholarships to give away.

The SEC is still the premier conference, and will continue to be, but they look down so far. Cheese needs to stop projecting his inferiority complex on the whole conference. I’m not talking trash about the SEC, just stating a fact that they look down.

No inferiority complex at all, I simply find it funny.

However, I do generally agree with the power conferences looking down a bit at the start of the season.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 14:01 Sun 9/9/2012

Originally posted by TheAlum
The B1G looks awful this year.. ill give the thread that. Worst I’ve ever seen..

The big winner yesterday, in my opinion was the Pac 12.