Cologne and Dussendorf

Reads 1806 • Replies 21 • Started Sunday, March 8, 2015 6:33:18 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

jorge76
beers 24 º places 452 º 06:33 Sun 3/8/2015

Just came back from there .. Both cities are nice and worth a visit but if we talk about beer dussendorf win by far in my opinion .. I found the 2 top kolsch in town , Paffgen kolsch and Braustelle Helios , good enough and I could drink them all day long but not deserving to travel for ... Instead the top Alt are really really 3 high class beers , Schumacher alt and 1838er and Uerige alt , .. They have nice place where to drink and I did some reviews for describe them but having been there twice the feeling I have now is " I would come back to dussendorf anytime , not sure about cologne " .. To be fair with Cologne beer scene a good plus come from Braustelle which makes different styles for change a bit from some bland kolsch ( muhlen , sion , sunner , Peters )

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 06:53 Sun 3/8/2015

More Kolsch ticks in Koln that Altbier ticks in Dusseldorf though!

digita7693
beers 1 º places 7 º 07:50 Sun 3/8/2015

Did you miss out on Mühlen kolsch? I would argue it is the best there is.

Travlr
beers 33878 º places 4582 º 08:23 Sun 3/8/2015

And Cologne is a much more interesting city, aside from the beer.

jorge76
beers 24 º places 452 º 08:26 Sun 3/8/2015

Originally posted by chriso
More Kolsch ticks in Koln that Altbier ticks in Dusseldorf though!
yes that’s true ..

jorge76
beers 24 º places 452 º 08:28 Sun 3/8/2015

Originally posted by digita7693
Did you miss out on Mühlen kolsch? I would argue it is the best there is.
no no I went there .. I put it together with other kolsch I found uninteresting .. Only my option ..

jorge76
beers 24 º places 452 º 08:30 Sun 3/8/2015

Originally posted by Travlr
And Cologne is a much more interesting city, aside from the beer.
yes true .. Just the amazing cathedral would worth a visit itself .. But still prefer dussendorf because is easier to walk around and the konig allee is very elegant street ..

Schlüssel Alt is bettet than Schumacher in my opinion!

ThirstyBird
beers 3099 º places 53 º 11:57 Sun 3/8/2015

Originally posted by jorge76
Just came back from there .. Both cities are nice and worth a visit but if we talk about beer dussendorf win by far in my opinion .. I found the 2 top kolsch in town , Paffgen kolsch and Braustelle Helios , good enough and I could drink them all day long but not deserving to travel for ... Instead the top Alt are really really 3 high class beers , Schumacher alt and 1838er and Uerige alt

Agreed with your assessment of the Düsseldorf Altbiers. Those are my three favorites as well.

As far as Köln goes, I agree as well except I am with Don with Mühlen being amongst the top beers there.

Too bad I did know there was a RB visitor in town - I would have happily met up.

Cheers!

3fourths
beers 9492 º places 1576 º 12:22 Sun 3/8/2015

for those curious about traditional beers made within each city:

http://www.ratebeer.com/tag/koln-kolsch/
http://www.ratebeer.com/tag/dusseldorf-altbier/

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 15:07 Sun 3/8/2015

Uerige will always be one of my top brew stops. I could have stayed there sipping Alt for hours.