coming to Moncton & PEI

Reads 389 • Replies 7 • Started Sunday, May 18, 2014 11:05:35 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Travlr
beers 33878 º places 4582 º 11:05 Sun 5/18/2014

I’m attending the Atlantic Beer Festival in Moncton on Saturday 31 May. I fly in on Friday afternoon and plan to hit Pump House & Tide & Boar at least. Sunday I’ll head to Prince Edward Island for Gahan House.

Let me know if anyone would like to meet up at the festival, or at a place for a beer. I’ll have a rental car and a suitcase of beer. I’m open to suggestions on places to see (non & non-beer) since there’s not much in the Places section.

Cheers!

Gene

Oakes
admin
beers 30640 º places 1135 º 12:31 Sun 5/18/2014

It’s a quiet area. Some would say boring. Seriously, the tidal bore is the biggest attraction.

But beer wise I’m amazed and impressed that places like Riverview and Quispamsis have microbreweries now. And I have to add my old college bar to Ratebeer. Not sure I thought that would ever happen.

Oakes
admin
beers 30640 º places 1135 º 12:53 Sun 5/18/2014

Travlr
beers 33878 º places 4582 º 13:08 Sun 5/18/2014

Originally posted by Oakes
Oh, and I had to add this to Places:

http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp?PlaceID=45024

Great, thanks. I’m hoping to sound out a few new places too.

Travlr
beers 33878 º places 4582 º 13:27 Sun 5/18/2014

I’m also wondering if anyone has heard what breweries will be at the festival? Or where the shuttle bus afterwards goes? Not much info on the website. Thx!

Oakes
admin
beers 30640 º places 1135 º 13:53 Sun 5/18/2014

Originally posted by Travlr
I’m also wondering if anyone has heard what breweries will be at the festival? Or where the shuttle bus afterwards goes? Not much info on the website. Thx!

Get Shaun Fraser, CEO of Pump House, on the line. He’s been the top beer guy in Moncton since forever. I can’t find an email for him directly but he’s the guy you want to talk to.

jercraigs
beers 14850 º places 1049 º 06:40 Mon 5/19/2014

In PEI be sure to check out the dunes at Cavendish beach. There is the main beach, and a few more secluded beaches along the eastern part of the Gulf Shore Parkway.

Definitely take in a lobster supper somewhere. We visited Fisherman’s Wharf in North Rustico. It was good but is definitely a more commercialized version of the experience. Ask around for more localized versions.

If you take the bridge to PEI the liquor store in the little "welcome vllage" on the PEI side had a decent selection of PEI beer, mead etc. when we were there.

I never made it to check them out but the Island has at least two distilleries - Prince Edward Distillery and Myriad View. Rossignol Winery is decent and has some decent views of the ocean.

Travlr
beers 33878 º places 4582 º 07:49 Mon 5/19/2014

Originally posted by jercraigs
In PEI be sure to check out the dunes at Cavendish beach. There is the main beach, and a few more secluded beaches along the eastern part of the Gulf Shore Parkway.

Definitely take in a lobster supper somewhere. We visited Fisherman’s Wharf in North Rustico. It was good but is definitely a more commercialized version of the experience. Ask around for more localized versions.

If you take the bridge to PEI the liquor store in the little "welcome vllage" on the PEI side had a decent selection of PEI beer, mead etc. when we were there.

I never made it to check them out but the Island has at least two distilleries - Prince Edward Distillery and Myriad View. Rossignol Winery is decent and has some decent views of the ocean.

Great ideas, thank you!