Community Beer Works News

Reads 3106 • Replies 21 • Started Monday, November 5, 2012 5:15:18 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Miked1687
beers 608 º places 8 º 19:05 Thu 11/22/2012

Originally posted by rudolf
Bump. You know you want bretty barleywine with your Thanksgiving dinner. We’re here 3 - 8 today.

Also, with huge thanks due to Mike/Swoopjones it looks like we’re going to be able to have casks available at next month’s Coles/Goodbar cask festival. I’m not 100% sure what they’ll be yet, but probably something along the lines of The IPA dry hopped in the cask with Citra @ one bar and The Whale aged with coffee & cocoa nibs at the other!

-rudy

That sounds awesome. I need to first grab a growler of the barleywine though!

rudolf
beers 2359 º places 104 º 12:38 Fri 12/7/2012

The cask fest is upon us!

Coles got a cask of The IPA dry hopped with Citra.
Mr. Goodbar got a cask of The Whale with espresso added.

Coles also has:

"casks from Sierra Nevada, Anderson Valley, Community Beer Works, Southern Tier, Great Lakes, Three Heads, Sly Fox, Stone and Blackbird Cider Works"

and Goodbar is rockin:
Voodoo Pilszilla, Peak Winter Session, Fat Heads Head Hunter (HOLY SHIT!!!), Stone Arrogant Bastard, Buckeye Liquid Truckstop, Docs Apple Cider, Flying Bison Brindle porter

jb
beers 4671 º places 448 º 09:06 Sat 12/22/2012

re: Collaboration Porter Nano Nano with Roc Brewing? Had this at Roc Brewing last night , 12.21.12 end of the world party, did you truly collaborate on this? Will there be more of these experiments? Will your beers make it to Rochester? Perhaps through Roc? Oh so many questions. Seems like 1 tap at Roc Brewing would be a good fit.

rudolf
beers 2359 º places 104 º 10:19 Sat 12/22/2012

Originally posted by jb
re: Collaboration Porter Nano Nano with Roc Brewing? Had this at Roc Brewing last night , 12.21.12 end of the world party, did you truly collaborate on this? Will there be more of these experiments? Will your beers make it to Rochester? Perhaps through Roc? Oh so many questions. Seems like 1 tap at Roc Brewing would be a good fit.

Yeah, sorry I forgot to post about Nano Nano in here!

In terms of how Ratebeer does things there are 2 versions of Nano Nano. There is one brewed at Roc & one brewed at Community Beer Works. It was a collaborative recipe/brew - we worked out the recipe via e-mail, then I came to Rochester to brew with Jon @ Roc & Jon came to Buffalo the next day to brew the same recipe at CBW.

So if you had/have Nano Nano at Roc, enter it as a Roc beer. If you have it in Buffalo enter it as a Community Beer Works beer.

There will be more of these collaborations in the future - we need to find time, but it was a lot of fun!

Cheers,
Rudy

rudolf
beers 2359 º places 104 º 05:29 Sat 1/19/2013

New beer... TODAY!

Our winter seasonal, The Soft Bulletin, is a Dark Saison with orange peel. Its good! Try it!!!

rudolf
beers 2359 º places 104 º 06:40 Tue 2/12/2013

Updates updates updates!!

- The Soft Bulletin & De Maas will be back this weekend. Sorry we ran out of them - there were just a few growing pains as we got our brite tanks on-line.

- We have an event at Jack Astors at the Galleria mall on 2/21. There will be one special beer - unsure exactly what it’ll be, but it’ll be good!

- We’ll be at Art of Beer in Niagara Falls on the 2/22. Come out, drink beer & support a great cause.

- We’ll be having a 1st anniversary party on April 20th at Coles and Goodbar. There will be a handful of new one-offs/variants & giveaways. It’ll be awesome. You should come.

- Kegs are going to start going out to Consumers locations later this month so you can fill up on those days the brewery isn’t open!

- We’re in the Great Lakes Brewing News IPA Challenge ( http://www.brewingnews.com/nipac/) - choose your brackets wisely!

- We’re doing a few fun collaboration brews this weekend. I’ll post more about those shortly.

Sammy
beers 19152 º places 1004 º 08:09 Tue 2/12/2013

where can i find the dark saison tomarow?

rudolf
beers 2359 º places 104 º 09:27 Tue 2/12/2013

Originally posted by Sammy
where can i find the dark saison tomarow?

Unfortunately nowhere. It won’t be ready until we open for retail on Thursday.

Sorry!

IPFreely
beers 1470 º places 143 º 10:00 Tue 2/12/2013

Link not working, this should work: http://www.brewingnews.com/nipac/

rudolf
beers 2359 º places 104 º 12:05 Tue 5/7/2013

A few updates. The last keg of this year’s snow imperial stout is getting tapped tonight (Tuesday) at blue monk. I’ll be swinging over there once I’m done at the brewery. Come say hi. I have a half growler of last year’s homebrew test batch of the snow that was aged on Hungarian oak chips that I’ll be bringing along to share.

Our summer seasonal is going to be a Belgian blonde with lots of wheat, fermented with the westmalle yeast. It should be available at the very end of May. We’re going to try and schedule a launch party for it - I’ll keep ya informed!

Also, as of this weekend out hours are:
Thursday: 3-7
Friday: 3-8
Saturday AT THE ELMWOOD BIDWELL FARMERS MARKET: 8-1pm

Cheers,
Rudy