RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Industry | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Coors Light moves up to 2nd best selling beer in the U.S.

read 3591 times • 14 replies • posted 1/10/2012 10:36:00 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

premium
BoostIPA 1210:20
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
pepsican 1440:46
I really need to drink more millered lite.
1/10/2012 10:38:03 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
Reid 1860:45
All those lite beers and yet the fattys dominate the landscape.

Nothing more weird than seeing an obese ham armed guy ordering a bud shite with hsi grease-burger at The Ram.

Yeah thats gonna help a lot buddy
1/10/2012 10:54:45 AM

premium
daknole 8941:388
^^^^^ thats funny shit Reid!
1/10/2012 10:56:21 AM

premium
Jow 2017:137
Coors Light is my least favorite beer in the world. Even before I drank craft beer I hated it, it gives me horrible headaches, I could drink 17 Busch Lights and feel better the next day then having a six pack of the weasel piss that is Coors Light
1/10/2012 11:06:20 AM

billk 353:57
It proves 2 things about Americans. Being able to actually taste what you eat or drink is something that is feared, and itís much more an alcohol delivery mechanism.
1/10/2012 11:42:50 AM

premium
Fratto 2590:
Originally posted by Reid
All those lite beers and yet the fattys dominate the landscape.

Nothing more weird than seeing an obese ham armed guy ordering a bud shite with hsi grease-burger at The Ram.

Yeah thats gonna help a lot buddy

Kinda like ordering a double cheeseburger with a large drink and complaining about the syrup in the Diet Coke being low.
1/10/2012 11:49:55 AM

premium
CanIHave4Beers 3190:74
I donít think most people are really drinking light beer because theyíre trying to keep the calories low.... or am I missing something? Maybe "ultra lights" but I think people drink Bud Light and shit because itís "easy drinking" and doesnít taste too beery, but will get you drunk.... or because thatís what theyíve been socially conditioned to like.

1/10/2012 11:57:07 AM

JMerritt 1775:72
Originally posted by CanIHave4Beers
I think people drink Bud Light and shit because itís "easy drinking" and doesnít taste too beery, but will get you drunk.... or because thatís what theyíve been socially conditioned to like.

Ding ding ding
1/10/2012 12:03:06 PM

premium
LinusStick 2822:47
Originally posted by BlackIPA
-- Weíre No. 2! Coors Light surpassed Budweiser in 2011 to become the countryís second-bestselling beer, according to the trade publication Beer Marketerís Insights. The milestone comes after years of declines by Budweiser, the only full-calorie beer in the top five U.S. beers. Bud Light is the top-selling beer by a sizable margin. Miller Lite is fourth, with Natural Light rounding out the top five. Coors Light has been posting slow but steady growth. Coors Light sales grew 0.8%, to 18.3 million barrels in 2011, while Bud sales declined 4.6% to 17.7 million barrels.

This says something bad and good about our country:
Bad) As mentioned before; we want to get drunk and are looking for an avenue that will allow us to do that with as little calories as possible (taste doesnít matter)
Good) We are finally looking at ourselves and realizing we have to be more healthy and lose weight.
I think the bad outweighs the good, but Iím glad itís not 100% one sided
1/10/2012 2:06:26 PM

Cornfield 5460:143
Iím enjoying the name of the article: "Consumer Confidential: Twinkies, Coors Light, colon cleansing"

For me, either of the first two would most certainly result in the third!
1/10/2012 2:14:57 PM

Home > Forums > Industry

Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers