RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Coors Light Summer Brew

read 8042 times • 14 replies • posted 2/15/2014 8:15:37 AM

Page 1 | 2

CharmCityCrab 149:
Iíve wondered for years why the big macro brewers donít put out seasonal versions of their beer with slight variations based on the season, or even just the same beer with seasonal labels the way that New Belgium Fat Tire used to add snow flakes to their winter label. Iíve always thought they were missing out on a good marketing opportunity where youíd get a lot of people who might not normally drink whatever or havenít had it in a while who will grab the limited time only bottle or can that catches their eye. I think there are folks out there who drink various macro lagers who would buy at least one seasonal 6-pack a season from a macro they kept meaning to get back to and rarely do, etc.. It adds a sense of urgency.

Well, Coors Light is doing it this summer. Itís called Coors Light Summer Brew Lager, itís coming Memorial Day, and it has a citrus flavor. Cans only.

Assuming itís the same price as Coors Light, Iíll probably pick up a 6er. I really donít like cans, and Iím not a big fan of Coors Light, but I always have to buy some adjunct lagers (Usually cheaper than Coors Light, actually) for financial reasons, and itíll be kind of neat to have a "seasonal" option. I like the idea of bringing a sense of variety and seasonal stuff to more price categories.

Donít get me wrong, the beer will probably suck, at least to some degree. I expect Coors Light with a fake orange tasting additive. But itís interesting enough for me to buy at a good price.

Article:

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/blog/2013/10/coors-light-to-launch-citrus-summer.html

Label:

http://beerpulse.com/beer/coors-light-summer-brew-lager/
Reply to OP

Private message Send the author a private message

premium
SamGamgee 2452:182
You realize this is essentially another shandy taking over shelf space right?
2/15/2014 10:23:30 AM

Post a reply Post reply

Private message send the author a private message

CharmCityCrab 149:
Originally posted by SamGamgee
You realize this is essentially another shandy taking over shelf space right?

If they include lemonade in this, I take back everything positive I said. ;) My impression was that it was going to be beer (Well, Coors Light) with a bit of citrus and a nice label, not half beer, half lemonade like a shandy. I could easily be wrong, though- the description was very vague.
2/15/2014 6:16:06 PM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
adnielsen 9013:413
ISO
2/15/2014 6:26:07 PM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
Homer321 1870:22
2/15/2014 6:26:19 PM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
HuskerTan 486:33
Iíve always wondering a lot of those same things you mentioned...at least for marketing purposes it seems like it would make sense.
2/15/2014 7:39:55 PM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
mkgrenwel 567:110
Originally posted by HuskerTan
Iíve always wondering a lot of those same things you mentioned...at least for marketing purposes it seems like it would make sense.

Thatís what the Blue Moon and Shock Top brands are for. Macro lager drinkers dont drink seasonals.

Seasonal packaging, on the other hand, why not? They do all sorts of novelty packaging.
2/15/2014 8:32:41 PM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
brokensail 10785:825
Coors Light with Lemonade would probably drink pretty good.
2/16/2014 1:26:00 AM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
Gary 1369:3
i bet this shit drinks pretty fucken chill
2/16/2014 2:22:08 AM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
Gary 1369:3
2/16/2014 2:23:00 AM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
StefanSD 2117:45
Iíll be looking forward to a new ad campaign with lots of scantily clad hot women. What else would Coors do?
2/16/2014 7:57:20 AM

Post a reply Post reply

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Reply to Thread     
Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ