Crooked Stave to bring Evil Twin, Stillwater

Reads 2084 • Replies 29 • Started Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:14:45 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Ernest
beers 9435 º places 229 º 15:47 Wed 9/18/2013

Haven’t even seen Low Life around. I haven’t really seen Beaster Bunny much either...it was on display at Liq Mart once but not out for sale. Never saw it Hazels either. *shrug*

3fourths
beers 9492 º places 1576 º 15:52 Wed 9/18/2013

The 4 packs are in the cooler at hazels back near the bomb shelter.

chadcsu
places 1 º 09:34 Sat 9/28/2013

Originally posted by notalush
What I find funny is that almost all of these beers being brought into Colorado are significantly cheaper than Crooked Stave products, despite traveling across the country and, in some cases, across an ocean.

Ironic sense of humor.. Not a single one of the beers which are cheaper then CS beers are barrel-aged blends, entirely fermented oak, 100% Brettanomyces, etc.. your comparing apple to passion fruit.. I guess thats why no one even cared to comment.

Cheers,
Chad

Ratman197
beers 24638 º places 200 º 10:02 Sun 9/29/2013

Originally posted by chadcsu
Originally posted by notalush
What I find funny is that almost all of these beers being brought into Colorado are significantly cheaper than Crooked Stave products, despite traveling across the country and, in some cases, across an ocean.

Ironic sense of humor.. Not a single one of the beers which are cheaper then CS beers are barrel-aged blends, entirely fermented oak, 100% Brettanomyces, etc.. your comparing apple to passion fruit.. I guess thats why no one even cared to comment.

Cheers,
Chad

Ernest
beers 9435 º places 229 º 13:45 Fri 10/4/2013

Originally posted by chadcsu
Ironic

FYI, according to AVG Antivirus, the crookedstave.com website appears to be infected with "Blackhat SEO". Here’s the report:

http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/website-safety-reports/domain/crookedstave.com/linkreport/www.crookedstave.com%252F/?utm_source=TDPU&utm_medium=OS

Here’s some help (if you need it) on cleaning up:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/online-payday-loans-code-injection-hack?replies=14

I was going to see if your site mentioned how long you tend to barrel-age. I expect it varies from beer to beer, but is there an average? Weeks? Months? Year? e.g., the regular Surette.

Ernest
beers 9435 º places 229 º 19:12 Wed 10/9/2013

Originally posted by TAR
Am curious about Evil Twin Low Life, but am not gonna risk $10 on a potential drain pour Pils. It’s brewed at Fanø

The bottles selling here are made at Two Roads. Quite nice, IMHO...hoppy and clean, mid to upper 3s. It’s in 12oz bottles at Liq Mart.

TAR
beers 2821 º places 34 º 20:24 Wed 10/9/2013

Originally posted by Ernest
Originally posted by TAR
Am curious about Evil Twin Low Life, but am not gonna risk $10 on a potential drain pour Pils. It’s brewed at Fanø

The bottles selling here are made at Two Roads. Quite nice, IMHO...hoppy and clean, mid to upper 3s. It’s in 12oz bottles at Liq Mart.

At $10 a 4-pk, Evil Twin has obviously mis-priced the beer a few dollars too many. Maybe I should write and notify them. I’ll do that after I contact all breweries who package their beers in bombers.

Ernest
beers 9435 º places 229 º 20:54 Wed 10/9/2013

Well, sure, it’s not quite good enough or priced modestly enough to buy a 4-pack of (I only got the one bottle to try, $2.39)...just sayin’ it’s certainly not a drain pour. Dranked purty gud.

3fourths
beers 9492 º places 1576 º 11:21 Fri 10/11/2013

I didn’t even know that Phil Markowski was head brewer at Two Roads until last night, that certainly answers my question why they are doing these beers so well.