culchiem smashes through 500 Irish rates

Reads 869 • Replies 12 • Started Sunday, September 20, 2015 4:37:57 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 12:08 Mon 9/21/2015

Originally posted by stravale
Originally posted by chriso
I was thinking in terms of 250 in a week or so. Would be with the car and a lot of those would be bottles that could be brought back. Plus the battery acid would get me a few more than you. So it sounds feasible. Theoretically at least.

At least one from every operating brewer would also be part of the challenge.

Maybe approx 200 possible going to Dublin and Cork pubs / offies. Burren Brewery probably the trickiest to get to (only on draught from the brewpub - not had them myself).

Oh, Lisdoonvarna .... !

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 12:24 Mon 9/21/2015

Originally posted by stravale
I was thinking in terms of 250 in a week or so. Would be with the car and a lot of those would be bottles that could be brought back. Plus the battery acid would get me a few more than you. So it sounds feasible. Theoretically at least.

At least one from every operating brewer would also be part of the challenge.

Maybe approx 200 possible going to Dublin and Cork pubs / offies. Burren Brewery probably the trickiest to get to (only on draught from the brewpub - not had them myself).

Oh, Lisdoonvarna .... !

quite a lot of the small new ones are intensely regional, you’d be best doing a circuit route around the island (not many in the centre) taking in the wild atlantic way pubs. that way you could go via a few places in NI too (couple bars in Belfast you could bag 10 new NI brewers). Possible to do maybe 100 in a long weekend in Belfast (you’d have to hope tehre wasn’t too much repetition from bar to bar & as you’re probably up to date on porterhouse that’ll cut it down somewhat)if you’ve a low starting point, another 40-50 in Cork the rest would be fairly sporadic but as you say, plenty of bottles