RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > Texas | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Dallas Beer Rumors - New Brewpub?

read 1197 times • 26 replies • posted 12/22/2011 5:24:36 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3

Rosebud butternuts 2396:36
Originally posted by thirdeye11
Originally posted by ericandersnavy
I hate to pick a bone, but if you saw something in print, why didnít you link to what you saw? Hereís what I know to help clear up any confusion.

1) The place (Union Bear) isnít in Oak Cliff. Itís opening in the old Social House space in West Village, which is located off of McKinney Ave and Lemmon in Uptown.

2) Jeffís the Cicerone at The Common Table. I know both Corey and Jeff well, and if he was going anywhere to start up something cool like this, one of them would have told me. Hell they probably would have advertised it! Is he helping them out in some capacity? Iíll go so far as to say "I donít know" but Stephen says he talked with Jeff about it.

3) Itís definitely a nano-brewery with very very small batches. I think theyíre going to be brewing on 15 or 30 gallon batches, but I donít recall that piece of the puzzle for sure. The space is pretty small and wonít accommodate large brewing equipment.

4) Yes, ownership is definitely from Enoís/Oddfellows.

All that being said, I canít wait for the place to open and see what theyíll be brewing!

....maybe it was in actual print and not on this thing that people call the internets or maybe he was to drunk to remember where he saw it?

I guess anything is possible, but this type of news is generally online where the younger demographic (craft beer drinkers) would be the target audience.

so youíre saying that the older demographic doesnít like craft beer?

12/22/2011 8:37:49 PM

Private message send the author a private message

SphinxTX 2876:41
Im 36......
12/22/2011 9:46:48 PM

premium
thirdeye11 5544:33
Demographically the saturation of craft beer drinkers is much higher percentage wise amongst 25-34 year olds than any other age group. I didnít say people in other age groups do not drink craft beer. :)

I am surprised Jeff is no longer with Common Table, but he is having a baby anytime now. Maybe that changed his priorities.

I hate to pick a bone, but if you saw something in print, why didnít you link to what you saw? Hereís what I know to help clear up any confusion.

1) The place (Union Bear) isnít in Oak Cliff. Itís opening in the old Social House space in West Village, which is located off of McKinney Ave and Lemmon in Uptown.

2) Jeffís the Cicerone at The Common Table. I know both Corey and Jeff well, and if he was going anywhere to start up something cool like this, one of them would have told me. Hell they probably would have advertised it! Is he helping them out in some capacity? Iíll go so far as to say "I donít know" but Stephen says he talked with Jeff about it.

3) Itís definitely a nano-brewery with very very small batches. I think theyíre going to be brewing on 15 or 30 gallon batches, but I donít recall that piece of the puzzle for sure. The space is pretty small and wonít accommodate large brewing equipment.

4) Yes, ownership is definitely from Enoís/Oddfellows.

All that being said, I canít wait for the place to open and see what theyíll be brewing!

....maybe it was in actual print and not on this thing that people call the internets or maybe he was to drunk to remember where he saw it?

I guess anything is possible, but this type of news is generally online where the younger demographic (craft beer drinkers) would be the target audience.

so youíre saying that the older demographic doesnít like craft beer?

12/24/2011 4:22:04 PM

premium
BMan1113VR 7858:379
Demographically the saturation of craft beer drinkers is much higher percentage wise amongst 25-34 year olds than any other age group.

But Iím still 24
12/24/2011 5:51:03 PM

mar 4842:84
Youíre a huge exception to the rule
12/24/2011 9:03:13 PM

premium
MaltOMeal 1091:37
Hear you guys are getting some new microbreweries as well.

http://www.dmagazine.com/Home/D_Magazine/2012/January/Dallas_Breweries.aspx

Congrats!
12/27/2011 9:06:52 AM

Originally posted by MaltOMeal
Hear you guys are getting some new microbreweries as well.

http://www.dmagazine.com/Home/D_Magazine/2012/January/Dallas_Breweries.aspx

Congrats!

Michael Peticolas and Wim seem like good guyís...Looking forward to their opening.
12/27/2011 9:12:22 AM

dukefan 214:62
Since I started the rumor (which was both validated and skewered) it was an acquaintance from another bar who knows Jeff. I can personally attest, since Iíve drank brews with Jeff to my left and "rumor source" to my right.
1/2/2012 3:44:03 AM

premium
thirdeye11 5544:33
You were at least partially right and I never doubted much of what you said, but when youíre publicizing someone changing jobs or leaving their workplace, it seems in bad form not to cite a source. Could have some personal repercussions ya know?

Heís going to work there, but not as head brewer. As a floor manager I believe.
1/2/2012 11:57:54 AM

You were at least partially right and I never doubted much of what you said, but when youíre publicizing someone changing jobs or leaving their workplace, it seems in bad form not to cite a source. Could have some personal repercussions ya know?

Itís ok....
1/2/2012 2:46:40 PM

Home > Forums > Texas

Page 1 | 2 | 3
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback